From Aberdeen to Ottawa in 1845: The diary of Alexander Muir Paperback – 1990
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
In 1845 Alexander Muir, a middle-aged Aberdeen lawyer, set off on a journey to Canada - to visit relatives and perhaps add a taste of adventure to an otherwise quiet life. Muir kept a diary (published here for the first time) which developed into a detailed journal providing fascinating accounts of an Atlantic crossing under sail, of travel in Canada by steamship and canoe, and of Canada and its people and settlements. This lovely illustrated edition published by the Aberdeen University Press takes you back in time.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 19th Century
- Books > History > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Europe > England > 19th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > History > Europe > Scotland
- Books > History > United States > 19th Century
- Books > Travel > Canada
- Books > Travel > North America