- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
From the Ashes of Experience: Reflections of Madness, Survival and Growth Paperback – Jul 9 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
It could be argued that a more sensitive appreciation of the total reality of the ?madness experience?, of the interior perceptions, feelings and thoughts, and the exterior reactions based on them, is the single most important development that could improve the quality of life of those diagnosed mentally ill. This book aims to offer just that, presenting a number of personal experiences and providing an alternative to the received wisdom that mental illness is an affliction, an inevitably demoralising experience, which all patients would avoid if they could.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
At some point in our history, in the moment when we moved, according to Western Buddhist thought, from our biological evolution into an early stage of the Higher Evolution, people became aware that they were aware. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology