Frommer's China guides you to the highlights of this vast and varied land, and includes our authors' insider advice on the best experiences, from hiking through some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet to visiting traditional imperial sights.
- Our expert authors, longtime residents in and frequent travelers to China, share their candid opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Frommer's China takes you from the Great Wall, to the terracotta warriors of Xi'an; from hidden Buddhist caves along the Silk Road to mystical mountains in the East. Plus, you'll have everything you need to enjoy a cosmopolitan adventure in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
- Learn strategies for when to travel independently and when to travel with a tour group. Our extensive transportation information and author recommendations help get you off the beaten path.
- Detailed maps have Chinese characters, pinyin spelling, and English; and supplemental chapters list translations of hotels, restaurants, and points of interest.
- Readers also get etiquette tips, exact prices and directions, logistical advice, and much more.