- Insider advice on the popular attractions, and hidden gems, from where to find the best crabcakes in Baltimore, to exploring the small towns on the Chesapeake Bay. Plus tips for planning your vacation “down the ocean” at Maryland and Delaware’s beach resorts.
- Where to find the best fishing and crabbing, the best baseball (major and minor leagues), the best local seafood, and the best places to bag a bargain antiques shopping.
- Insightful commentary on the historic past of Maryland and Delaware, from the American Revolution, through the Civil War to their different roles and changing environments today, with side trips to Harpers Ferry and Gettysburg.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
From the Back Cover
Maryland's the home of many historic sites, like the Rock Run Grist Mill at Susquehanna State Park. See chapter 4.
Easy-to-read maps throughout
Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information
Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
Insider tips from local expert author
Find news, deals, apps, expert advice,and travel forums at Frommers.com