Map your own adventure. New Zealand Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see Italy.
- Packed with over 75 detailed full-color maps and 500 full-color photos
- 45 regional and city itineraries that will help you maximize your time while touring the country's top sights. Bike through Eastland's wineries, beach-hop along Northland's remote shores, test your nerve at the world's first commercial bungy jump site in Queensland, or take a boat tour of glorious Milford Sound.
- Our author, a longtime Christchurch resident, hits all the highlights, from sailing on an America's Cup ship in Auckland Harbor to exploring Art Deco architecture in Napier. She's checked out all of the country's best hotels and restaurants in person, and offers authoritative, candid reviews that will help you find the choices that suit your tastes and budget. She also offers information and advice on visiting the Christchurch and Canterbury region in the wake of the devastating February 22, 2011 earthquake.
- You'll also get coverage of shopping and nightlife in the major cities; a full chapter on New Zealand's rich history and culture, information on special-interest tours, and advice on planning a successful New Zealand vacation.
- The cultural “Spotlight” sections take a closer look at the most compelling aspects of New Zealand culture and include explorations of Rugby, Maori arts and crafts, and the booming filmmaking industry.
- Frommer's New Zealand Day by Day also includes a color fold-out map.