From the Back Cover
Family vacations have never been so easy with Frommer's. It's like having a friend show you around, taking you to the places local parents and kids like best. Our expert authors have already gone everywhere you might go-they've done the legwork for you, and they're not afraid to tell it like it is, saving you time and money. No other series offers candid reviews of so many hotels and restaurants in all price ranges, and tells you which ones are kid-friendly. Every Frommer's with Kids Travel Guide is up-to-date, with exact prices for everything, dozens of color maps, and exciting coverage of sports, shopping, and outdoor activities. You'd be lost without us!
This new first edition of Frommer's Ottawa with Kids reveals the most fun and educational experiences for kids in Canada's capital. It's full of incredibly detailed tips - right down to which hotels offer cribs and rollaway beds and which restaurants offer high chairs. Inside you'll learn where to find hands-on, interactive museums; children's entertainment, from concerts to puppet shows; fascinating facts about our national monuments; kid-oriented shopping; plus parks and bike routes and other places to play. There are even suggested itineraries for each age group making trip planning a snap! Let Frommer's Ottawa with Kids show your family the exciting sights and sounds of Ottawa.
For Families with Kids of All Ages Let Frommer's show you where your kids can:
- Have a sleepover at the Canada Aviation Museum
- Join the march for the Changing of the Guard
- Eat a Beaver Tail in ByWard Market
- See politicians debate in the lively House of Commons
- Visit the Mounties and their horses
- Take a simulated flight through space
- Learn about First Nations
- Ice skate along the Rideau Canal
Plus invaluable travel tips:
- Age ranges for every sight and activity
- Hotels that offer cribs and rollaway beds
- Outdoor adventures for the active family
- Shopping for everything from baby booties to import CDs
Great trips begin at frommers.com
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars
- Get free updates on attractions and prices
About the Author
Canadian writer Louise Dearden
was bitten by the travel bug on her first trip to Europe as a child. At the age of 17 she left Canada to pursue adventure in the U.K., where she lived and worked for fifteen years, visiting mainland Western Europe, particularly France, as often as possible. She has resided in Ontario for the past ten years with her husband and two children. When she is not pounding away at her keyboard, Louise can be found working in her garden or traveling throughout Ontario and Quebec.