This book answers the question, "What is there to do in Seattle?" Here are the CONTENTS:
Maps and gorgeous pictures of the city and surrounding area
1. The Best of Seattle
2. Planning Your trip to Seattle (includes info for foreign visitors as well as the traveler by car, plane, boat, etc.)
3. Suggested Itineraries for "Best of Seattle" 1, 2, and 3 day visits
4. Getting to Know Seattle
5. Where to stay (all areas, all hotels, all options, prices, and ratings)
6. Where to dine (all areas, all ethnicities, from coffee and pastries to sit down 5-star suppers, the views, the prices, the ratings, etc.)
7. Exploring Seattle (the waterfront, the market, downtown, the neighborhoods, parks, gardens, attractions for kids, organized tours, sports, etc.)
8. City strolls (features three walking tours)
9. Seattle shopping
10. Seattle After Dark (performing arts, clubs and music scene, bar scene, movies, the gay and lesbian scene, etc.)
11. Side trips from Seattle (includes the San Juan Islands and whale watching, Port Townsend, Victoria B.C., Olympic National Park, Mt.Ranier, Ferry excursions, etc. etc. etc.)
When I am planning a vacation I like to spend a good amount of time in the months before doing research so that I am well prepared, not rushed, and feel like I am seeing and doing all the most exciting things, staying in and eating at all the extraordinary places. Staying away from things that might be offensive or unsafe. We watched the travel channel shows on Seattle, and I did massive amoutns of online research on travel advisor sites. The book...well, it's like they've been there done that and you'll benefit from their experience. And you can look up travel advisories for all their suggestions before you go, plus have a handly little travel guide to constantly consult on your trip.
Of course the locals know all the best places to go, and all the great little non-touristy out-of-the-way little places to eat that feature the abundance of all the local chefies... and if you have friends or family there they will probably already have an entertainment plan for you, but I ran many of the book's suggestions past our daughter, a recent transplant to the area, to get the "locals" perspective and most of the suggested top things to see and do were also on her list. The area is so huge that unless you have a plan for everyday to group area attractions together you can spend more time in the car driving here and there than actually seeing and doing. That's where this book really shines.