- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering Hardcover – Apr 30 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Very nice text. The broad coverage is nice for students in later studies....The chapter on SPICE is very helpful."--Perry Wood, Penn State Mont Alto
"Beautifully illustrated, very complete text."--Leo Holzenthal, Jr., University of New Orleans
From the Publisher
1118 line illus.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Overall the text seems very complete, but difficult to get into, and relatively useless as a study aid. Normally I prefer my course texts on introductory material to be very explanatory, and hopefully clear. This book is neither. Rather than spell things out in simple terms, the author makes it quite a chore to follow through on both his logic and equation progressions.
I imagine that if you already knew everything, and just needed a nice fat book on Electrical Engineering for reference, this one would do nicely. It however makes for a very frustrating intro.
This book, however, falters when applying techniques to real world situations. But this is a book of the fundamentals of EE. It won't be the only EE book on my shelf, but it has it's place.
It tries to teach by going through examples, which would be fine if what was trying to be taught was somewhere expounded in a more thorough theoretical form in the text, which it's not.
What amazes me is how big this book is, given what I just mentioned above. They had plenty of pages to fill, and somehow didn't fit in all the stuff they should have.
Still, you can learn a lot from the book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering