Written in a practical, accessible style, Fundamentals of Light Microscopy and Electronic Imaging reviews such topics as:
- Illuminators, filters, and isolation of specific wavelengths
- Phase contrast and differential interference contrast
- Properties of polarized light and polarization microscopy
- Fluorescence and confocal laser scanning microscopy
- Digital CCD microscopy and image processing
Each chapter includes practical demonstrations and exercises along with a discussion of the relevant material. In addition, a thorough glossary assists with complex terminology and an appendix contains lists of materials, procedures for specimen preparation, and answers to questions.
An essential resource for both, experienced and novice microscopists.