GMYLE (TM) Wireless N/G 802.11n/g USB WiFi WLAN Network Adapter (Realtek RTL8191SU) with high gain 5dBi Antenna Up to 300Mbps
|Price:||CDN$ 16.98 FREE SHIPPING.|
- Instantly upgrade for your older system to a high-speed internet with up to 300 Mbps with this 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN USB 2.0 Adapter. It's perfect for laptop or home desktop user.
- It is compatible with HDTV media streaming, with Realtek chip (Realtek RTL8191US) inside and high gain 5dBi antenna, providing an unprecedented stability to your home wireless network.
- Long range extention: Operating distance of up to 300 meters in free space.
- Multiple operation system support: Windows 7/Vista/XP(32/64bit), Mac OS, Linux compatible.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
• 64/128-bit WEP , WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), WPA2
• Chipset: Realtek RTL8191US
• Modulation Method : IEEE 802.11b/g/n
• IEEE 802.11b: 1,2,5.5, 11Mbps
• IEEE 802.11g: 6,9,12,24,36,48,54Mbps
• IEEE 802.11n: Support PHY rate up to 300Mbps
• Antenna: High gain external 5dBi antenna
• Port: USB1.1/2.0
• Frequency: 2.4GHz - 2.4835GHz unlicensed ISM
• System Requirements: CPU speed of 200 MHz or above, 64MB RAM or above, 128MB RAM recommended
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Though it's okay for normal web-surfing, during intense downloads it constantly drops connection and does not reconnect back, though it should.
I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect manually, sometimes every minute. This irritated me so much that I even bought a foot-long +12 db omnidirectional antenna-booster and attached it to the adapter. Tiny bit better, but not a huge leap in performance.
I guess, one day I will have to just drill all my walls across the house and lay down LAN cable straight from the router.
First off, the card uses strictly it's own drivers. These provide absolutely no benefit to the average user. In order for a network and password to be remembered, it must be manually set up in the 3rd party driver software.
About a month after I started using it it began to crash regularly. On average twice a week, though sometimes multiple times in a day. Whenever it does, it has overheated and cannot connect to any network. It becomes hot to the touch. When it does crash, it will continue crashing until it has cooled down again. This often means I need to disable or unplug it for 15-20 minutes. People complain when their web page loads a few seconds too slow, 15 minutes is a long time.
Do not buy this product. Save yourself the trouble and spend a few extra dollars on a product made by a more reliable brand. I'm sick of Realtek products.
Most recent customer reviews
Have been using it forever. Sometimes disconnects but I can't say its the adapter itself. Reaches all the way across house (basement to upstairs corner).Published 11 months ago by Cody
Works great on the Raspberry Pi B+ using OpenELEC. Plug and play!!! Having the antenna helps when there is a weak signal.Published 12 months ago by David Fishback
Still works after years of use. No dropouts, but then again, it's 20ft away from my router.Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
Have bought about 5 of these. If you need a little boost these are great.Published 13 months ago by Marsha Bryenton