|Price:||CDN$ 15.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Following tours with Duran Duran and New Order, and rave reviews from the UK press ("21st Century Eurythmics", "Think Gwen Stefani fronting The Killers"), DRAGONETTE unleash their debut collection of sharp, witty, dirty, electro-pop, including the single "I Get Around" and "Take It Like A Man" on GALORE.
"21st Century Eurythmics" -- Uncut, 2007
"Dragonette are a rock band that play pop songs, We Love!" -- Out in The City, 2007
"The album is teeming with hit potential. Sorbara's voice evokes a cool Gwen Stefani, singing sassy ditties about sleeping around, being the other woman and other bad-girl antics. The slick dance-pop fits in somewhere between No Doubt, Goldfrapp and the Scissor Sisters." -- The National Post, 2007
"The new-wavish "Take It Like A Man" and futuristic torch song "True Believer" are two of the most fearsome choruses NME has heard all year" -- NME, 2007
"Think Gwen Stefani fronting The Killers. If you like the Scissor Sisters you'll love this lot." -- The Daily Star, 2007
Top Customer Reviews
If you like new wave, pop, or infectious dance music, buy this disc. It beats the crap outta Gwen Steffani or Pink
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
What I found was much more than what I expected.
I was blown away.
I'd never heard electro-pop like this before.
The music is unbelievably catchy, Martina's vocals are sexy and sassy, and there is so much variety so the album never gets boring or feels monotonous.
Some great songwriting found on this album.
Stand out tracks: I Get Around, Take It Like A Man, Black Limousine, Marvelous.
If you just like good pop songs, electro-pop songs, whatever, you need this album. I've been listening to it for 2 years straight, and I still love it.
1. I Get Around - 9/10. Very dance-able.
2. Competition - 7.5/10. Catchy song. Something you'll bop around to with your headphones on.
3. Take It Like a Man - 9/10. Again, very catchy. Great hooks.
4. True Believer - 5.5/10. An ok song, but not amazing.
5. Another Day - 6/10. Like I said, the slower songs aren't their strong suite, but its not bad.
6. Get Lucky - 5.5/10. Kind of a weird song. It has almost a rag-time feel to it. But its upbeat and happy.
7. Jesus Doesn't Love Me - 9.5/10. I LOVE this song. One of my favorites.
8. Black Limousine - 8/10. I really like this song.
9. Gold Rush - 9/10. Probably my second favorite song off this album. The bridge is the best part of the song, in my opinion.
10. You Please Me - 7/10. Slower song, but still singable.
11. Marvelous - 9/10. This song is greatly influenced by Indian music (something I'm not into usually), but I LOVE it. Again, one of my faves.
Their cover of Calvin Harris' 'The Girls' (Which they rename 'The Boys') is also a really good track, however, it doesn't appear on this album OR on their EP. Why? I don't know. Maybe it will be on their next one, but it is a really great song as well. It starts off really odd with the talking intro, but it gets so catchy and singable that I love it now!
I also recommend the songs off their EP:
- Magical Fantasy
- Shock Box
- Teacher Teacher