- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Game Development Essentials: Mobile Game Development Paperback – Oct 19 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
1. A History of Mobile Game Development. 2. Current Hardware Platforms. 3. Essential Software. 4. Mobile Game Design. 5. Mobile Game Art Assets. 6. Mobile Game Programming. 7. The Mobile Production Cycle. 8. Publication and Marketing. 9. Future Predictions. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
After nearly 8 years working in financial services powerhouses like PaineWebber and Morgan Stanley as a registered representative, Kimberly Unger left to pursue her passion for videogames. As a producer she helped developed a proof of concept for a USAF Operative Training Program using UT2K4 and has worked for over ten years in both the entertainment and videogame industries as a texture artist and 3d modeler/animator on the IMPACT: Motion Simulator ride for the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, You Don't Know Jack: Mock II, Tetris Worlds, and numerous other handheld and mobile titles. She is currently the CEO of the videogame startup Bushi-go, Inc. and teaches as an adjunct faculty member at Westwood Online.
Jeannie Novak is the lead author and series editor of the widely acclaimed GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS series (with over 15 published titles), co-author of PLAY THE GAME: THE PARENT'S GUIDE TO VIDEO GAMES, and co-author of three pioneering books on the interactive entertainment industry--including CREATING INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT. She is also co-founder of Novy Unlimited and CEO of Kaleidospace, LLC (dbaIndiespace), providing curriculum development and consulting services for corporations, educators, and creative professionals in games, music, film, education, and technology.Novak served as director of the Game Art & Design and Media Arts & Animation programs at the Art Institute Online and has taught game courses at UCLA, Art Center College of Design, DeVry University, Westwood College, ITT Technical Institute, and the Academy of Entertainment & Technology at Santa Monica College. She holds a B.A. in mass communication/business administration from UCLA and an M.A. in communication management from the Annenberg School at USC. She also serves on the Online Gameplay Committee for the Academy of Interactive Arts &Sciences and has served on the executive boards of the International Game Developers Association (Los Angeles) and Women in Games International. An accomplished composer and performer, Novak was chosen as one of the 100 most influential people in technology by MicroTimesmagazine and has been profiled by CNN, Billboard Magazine, the Sundance Channel, Daily Variety, and the Los Angeles Times.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Graphic Arts
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering