- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Games for Actors and Non-Actors Paperback – Oct 25 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This is an inspiring and powerful book, a lucid account that will be of substantial use to people already using "Theatre of the Oppressed." It should also act as an excellent introduction for those new to the system." - Artscene
"This is a useful handbook for those who want to explore Boal's 'Theatre of the Oppressed' and as such is greatly to be welcomed. Boals' work deserves and demands emulation." - Theatre Research International
"You have achieved what Brecht only dreamt of and wrote about: making a useful theatre that is entertaining, fun, and instructive. It is a different kind of theatre - a kind of social therapy.it focuses the mind, relaxes the spirit, and gives people a new handle on their situations." - Richard Schechner
About the Author
Augusto Boal is a theatre director, dramatist, theorist, writer and teacher. He was a Member of Parliament for Rio de Janeiro from 1993-1996. He is the author of Theatre of the Oppressed, Games for Actors and Non-Actors, Rainbow of Desire, Legislative Theatre, and Hamlet and the Baker's Son: My Life in Theatre and Politics.
Adrian Jackson is Artistic Director of Cardboard Citizens. He has translated four books by Augusto Boal, collaborated on a number of occasions and taught Theatre of the Oppressed widely in other countries, including Namibia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Mauritius and Finland.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
In the pages which follow, and later in the book, I give a brief account of some of the experiments I carried out in the late 1970s in a number of European countries. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Stagecraft
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Stagecraft
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts