Garmin nuvi 2455LT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Over 8 million points of interest and see branded icons on the map as you navigate
- Lane assist with photoReal junction views
- Park position recall - find your car where you left it
- Speed limit indicator - unit displays speed limits for most major roads
- Lifetime traffic updates
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Whether you’re driving through an unfamiliar city or on your daily commute, nüvi 2455LT makes your trip easier than ever before. It includes FREE lifetime traffic updates¹, advanced lane guidance and more.
Get Turn-by-Turn Directions
Garmin Guidance 2.0's intuitive interface greets you with two simple choices: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the screen to easily look up addresses and services and to be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names. It comes preloaded with maps for North America. It also includes more than 8 million points of interest and offers the ability to add your own.
Avoid Traffic Tie-ups
With FREE lifetime traffic updates from 3D Traffic, our most extensive traffic avoidance system, nüvi 2455LT can help you avoid delays. We check traffic conditions more than 2 billion times each month, so you can easily reroute around congestion and arrive on time.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
Now there’s no more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Available in select metropolitan areas, photoReal junction view makes unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. When you approach an exit or interchange, nüvi 2455LT will enter split screen mode and show you a realistic depiction of junctions on your route, complete with road signs and arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
Go Beyond Navigation
Point-to-point navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 2455LT features a microSD™ card slot so you can store and use detailed cityXplorer™ maps or download custom voices and vehicles for free from the Garmin Garage. Dual-orientation functionality lets you hold the nüvi vertically or horizontally for added convenience while driving or walking. The "Where Am I?" emergency locator provides your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and more. And Enhanced Exit Services tells you what services you’re approaching on the highway.
What's in the Box:
- nüvi 2455LT
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas)
- Lifetime traffic¹ (indicated by "LT" after model number on the box)
- 3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount²
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
¹FREE lifetime traffic updates may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product. Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver (as long as you own a compatible Garmin GPS) or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. Traffic content not available for all areas. See traffic coverage areas.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
-The lag time communicating with satellites. Sometimes it cannot find them at all.
-It often does not correctly show where I am located.
-Instead of showing me the closest businesses associated with my search (even if I type in the business name), it sends me across town (for example I knew there was an IHOP within 2 miles, just didn't know exactly where, but the GPS directed me to an IHOP 14 miles away instead).
-It incorrectly calculates distances.
-The windshield mount does not "stick" to the windshield.
I have updated the maps and it didn't seem to make a difference. I will be returning this product and I'm still contemplating whether I want to try a different one of the same or if I should buy from a different manufacturer altogether.
We are familiar with sat nav systems and this one was a poor investment. It's being binned. Poor show Garmin.
I am really really disappointed with this gps and am returning it. I'm a devout fan of garmin, but this is really garbage:
1. The instructions are virtually useless, the "quick setup" gives no info about synching or any typical set up issues.
2. Every single time you start it you have to go through 6 questions (language, text, disclaimers, okay garmin to collect info, on and on), every single time!
3. Lot's of cool features BUT the GPS is awful. I drove from San Diego to Del Mar, all the while my car navigation working perfectly and this thing never "found"
a satellite. I then drove another 22 miles to Poway and still it never acquired a satellite
4. Every time it boots it thinks it's in Kansas.
5. It shuts down the screen every couple of minutes even as it searches for satellite
6. Absolutely the WORST GPS ever....makes me want to look at Tom Tom again!
Most important, when I buy a GPS, I expect that at the very least, it will work as a GPS.
Strong "don't buy" recommendation!
Home you go "Toto" (Dorothy, Wizard of Oz)