- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Gem Weather Paperback – Nov 11 2004
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Storm is an author and translator, working mainly on material in the physical sciences and technology. With Collins he has published a number of highly successful titles including, Gem Weather, How to Identify Weather, Wild Guide Weather, How to Identify Night Sky, Wild Guide Night Sky, and Collins Star Finder Pack. His other works include the Oxford Dictionary of Weather (2001), which has been described as 'The definitive reference for all things meteorological'.
He speaks French and German fluently, reads three other languages and his own books on astronomy and meteorology have been translated into twenty languages. His Collins publications are regularly revised and updated to ensure that sky charts remain current.
A Fellow of both the Royal Astronomical Society and the Royal Meteorological Society, Storm is well recognised throughout the world as an authority in these fields. He is also a member of the International Astronomical Union, is visiting Research Fellow at the University of Sussex and is a past President of the British Astronomical Association. Storm was recently awarded the Gordon Manley Weather Prize for long-standing contributions to the journal Weather. He has given lectures and talks on all aspects of astronomy and meteorology, at various levels, to a wide range of groups and societies, including overseas.
His specific interests include observation and theory of variable stars, meteorology and meteorological photography, geology, and palaeontology. His hobbies include collecting books, photography, and looking after his two ex-track greyhounds.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The main thing that I really liked are the color pictures in this book, which are of HD quality, but could be larger.
This is NOT the best weather book that I have found and for 3.00 in price, it is just a SO SO purchase.
If you are buying this for say a young person or student, this book may work for you. However, if you want more detailed information on weather, may I suggest that you look elsewhere.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Climatology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Rivers
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Weather
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Rivers
- Books > Textbooks > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences