I got this case for my PSP because I wanted something different from most of the PSP cases you see, not to mention that it's dirt cheap. Some thoughts and observations:
- This may be a dealbreaker for some: On the top flap of the case, it says "P.SP", with the period in there. I knew this beforehand based on pictures from another site, but I thought I should mention it here. It's not really all that noticeable, especially from a distance, but if you're looking to show off your leather case up close, seeing "P.SP" is kind of ugly. Didn't really matter for me.
- This is not a soft case. The front and back panels and the flap are all rigid. They seem to be reinforced with cardboard or something similar. The inside is soft but not really all that padded. It should protect against minor knocks and stuff, but I'm not sure how much faith I would put into it for big drops. The rigid sides make for a snug fit... Getting the PSP in is easy since you just slide it in, but getting it out can be somewhat annoying. I usually just turn it upside down to let it slide out. Not too bad really.
- The leather's not really high quality, but it still feels nice and does not cost very much at all.
- The magnetic clasp works well. I have not had any problems with it so far. It attaches easily and is not easily detached by accident.
- When your PSP is inside the case, the case will not form a perfect rectangle, which is kind of what I was expecting. It will bulge slightly at the top, with the top flap going up at a slight angle. I thought at first this was because of the Joytron Skin Case that I had on my PSP-2000, so I took it off and tried again but I still got the same results. That being said, a PSP with the Joytron Skin Case on will still fit inside this case.
- The only storage space on this case is on the underside of the flap, which has two mesh "pockets" that are basically meant for holding UMDs. I found that these pockets can accommodate UMDs or spare batteries and still close completely, although it will bulge a bit more. When items are in these mesh pockets, the mesh presses against the panel underneath the flap, leaving a mesh impression on it.
This case won't be ideal for everyone, but it works well and looks reasonably nice, especially for the price.