Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, Serrated Edge
|List Price:||CDN$ 89.60|
|Price:||CDN$ 72.15 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 17.45 (19%)|
- Molded rubber grip and knurled striking surface butt cap
- Saw ground back blade
- Integrated fire starter with integrated diamond sharpener
- Key ground-air communication patch
- Emergency micro lanyard whistle
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Amazon.ca Product Description
From Gerber, the 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife is designed to help you endure in the toughest environments. It features an ergonomic grip for comfortable handling and a dependable stainless steel blade with a versatile serrated edge. Additionally, the knife and military-grade nylon sheath are packed with innovative survival tools, including a fire starter, a diamond blade sharpener, an emergency whistle, and a pommel.
Sharp, Durable Blade Handles Tough Survival Tasks
Built to offer the versatility that adventurers, backpackers, and hunters need in the wilderness, the Ultimate Knife features a versatile 4.75-inch drop-point blade. This blade is half serrated to make quick work of cutting rope and other fibrous materials. It features full-tang construction for overall durability, and it is crafted from hard stainless steel, which allows for excellent edge retention.
Innovative, Ergonomic Design Delivers Versatility
Survival tools are only useful if they're easy to handle, so this knife features a comfortable, rubberized grip that's textured to prevent slippage. And because being a true survivor means making innovative use of your tools, the knife's handle features two holes for securely lashing it to a stick for use as a fishing spear--or whatever other bladed tool your situation calls for.
In addition, the handle base features a stainless steel pommel that can be used for pounding or hammering. A lanyard cord helps you keep track of the knife, and the lanyard features an integrated emergency whistle that can be used to attract attention--so others can keep track of you.
Balanced for optimum handling, this Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Knife has an overall length of 10 inches and weighs just 11.2 ounces — 14.72 ounces with the included sheath.
Military-Grade Nylon Sheath with Smart Details
Just as versatile as the knife it protects, the included sheath folds open to reveal a diamond sharpener. The sheath also has a life-saving fire starter rod locked into a water-tight holder. This ferrocerium rod produces a shower of hot sparks when scraped against the rough surface of the striker notch that is incorporated into the back of the knife blade. For further versatility and functionality, the sheath includes a waterproof "Priority of Survival" guide tucked into a protective pocket on the back of the sheath.
The nylon sheath is crafted from lightweight, military-grade materials that are mildew resistant for long-term use in harsh climates. It includes a Velcro closure to keep your knife secure.
About the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series
Bringing together the 70 years of expertise behind all Gerber Legendary Blades and the survival and adventure experience of the renowned Bear Grylls, the Bear Grylls Survival Series is a one-of-a-kind line of knives, tools, and gear. A former member of the British SAS, a prolific adventurer, and the daring host of Discovery Channel's Man vs. Wild, Bear Grylls is no stranger to extreme situations. Each item in the Survival Series is thoughtfully designed by Bear and Gerber to offer features that can help keep a smart adventurer alive in the wild. These dependable tools come with Bear's "Priorities of Survival" pocket guide, so you can check your instincts against his experience-based advice.
What's in the Box
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, nylon sheath, and "Priorities of Survival" pocket guide.
31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, Serrated Edge
At a Glance
- 4.75-inch half-serrated drop-point blade for quick, versatile cuts
- Full-tang, stainless steel construction for durability
- Ergonomic, non-slip rubber grip for comfortable, accurate handling
- Lanyard includes loud emergency whistle
- Military-grade, mildew resistant nylon sheath
- Sheath includes fire starter and diamond blade sharpener
From the Manufacturer
Introducing the Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series gear. This collaboration brings together Gerber’s over 70 years of knife and gear expertise with Bear Grylls’ extensive outdoor survival and adventure experience to create a one-of-a-kind line of knives, tools and gear. From his time in the British SAS, to scaling Mount Everest, to hosting his survival television show all over the globe, Bear knows what it takes to be a survivor in extreme situations. Each item in the Survival Series is meticulous designed by Gerber and Bear to offer a multitude of uses in any environment.
The Ultimate Knife is the pinnacle of Gerber’s Bear Grylls Survival Series. Intricately designed by Gerber and Bear, it’s loaded with innovations that won’t be found in any other fixed blade knife. Like everything in the Survival Series, it also includes Bear’s Priorities of Survival pocket guide. Super useful in the wild, it offers a vital edge to any survivor.
- 1/2 Serrated High Carbon Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade – Ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Full Tang Blade Construction- For maximum durability
- Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip – Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Stainless Steel Pommel – At base of handle for hammering
- Emergency Whistle – Integrated into lanyard cord
- Fire Starter – Ferrocerium rod locks into sheath, striker notch incorporated into back of knife blade
- Nylon Sheath – Lightweight, military-grade, mildew resistant
- Land to air rescue instructions
- Diamond Sharpener – Integrated into sheath for on-the-go sharpening
- Priorities of Survival – Pocket guide contains Bear’s survival essentials
- Overall Length: 10-Inch
- Blade Length: 4.75-Inch
- Weight: 11.2-Ounce alone, 14.72-Ounce with sheath
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Be wary of reviewers who break the knife after five minutes and say it has poor construction. Too many people watch Bear's TV show and see him cutting down bamboo or some tropical plant, then attempt to go cut down an oak tree or something in their backyard, breaking it. It's a survival knife, not a lumberjack in your pocket.
If you're into tactical/combat knives, forget this one, it wasn't made to kill Tangos! ;)
But if you're into survival stuff, hunting, etc, this knife was made with that mindset.
Bear Grylls and Gerber alliance gave birth to an awesome product.
Knife blade is really thick and sharp. Perfect for cutting ropes, little trees, branches, vegetation, etc.
Handle has a nice rubber grip with two holes at the top to strap the knife to a stick and make a spear for survival hunting/defense.
Also, the hammer butt cap is really well made on this new version! Finally, it doesn't get off...
The integrated fire starter with integrated diamond sharpener are good quality and could withstand hard jobs.
The emergency micro lanyard whistle is pretty useful and is really loud.
Anytime you go hiking or hunting in the woods, this knife gotta be on your side!
My problem is that the sheath is poorly designed. Period. To wear it on a belt at your waist cannot be done. It rides high due to poor belt-strap placement. It digs into you. It is probably the worst sheath I have ever had the displeasure to wear. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet but will. Whoever designed it obviously never wore it...he should be forced to wear it over a weekend hike for punishment.
good grip, good sheath, good blade.
The knife features a full tang and the rubber-like handle makes it very comfortable to hold (even in my very large hands). I took it on a hike the other day and used the combined flint to start my fire. Everything worked very well. The sheath is very solid and well constructed. It is not very functional though...
There are three points about the product that I don't like:
1) The sheath is made of military-grade nylon and the upper edges are not very flexible. The sheath mounts high on my belt and the sharp upper corners of the sheath rubbed through my shirt causing a skin sore due to chafing.
2) The sheath is designed to keep the knife from falling out by accident, however, when you want to withdraw the knife, the sheath bends a bit at first. This could be solved with a piece of metal inside the backing of the sheath or by attaching leg ties to the bottom of the sheath if there were a grommet, which there isn't.
3) The whistle which is attached on a cord to the pommel keeps getting in the way, and when I tried the pommel to drive a tent peg into the ground, I almost broke the whistle.
All in all, it is hard to imagine that this knife was designed by someone so famous as Bear Grylls.
Most recent customer reviews
I own this. Before you purchase, be sure to do your research on a few things.
1. Metal being used. Read more
Great knife does all nessesary needs, BUT it does not include a fine sharpener and the coarse one doesn't work great, I lost the fire steel on the first week of having it, knide is... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I've had this knife for several years, and it remains my favorite knife.Published 3 months ago by Allan Doeksen
One of the best knives I've ever owned! I was using this knife in environmental field work until I lost it on a site.Published 5 months ago by Brad Camroux
Fantastic product! Works great and I've already ordered a second one as a gift.Published 7 months ago by Kumar Walker