Getting Unstuck Audio CD – Audiobook, Jun 21 2005
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Ani Pema Chödrön was born Deirdre Blomfield-Brown in 1936, in New York City. She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three grandchildren.
While in her mid-thirties, Ani Pema traveled to the French Alps and encountered Lama Chime Rinpoche, with whom she studied for several years. She became a novice nun in 1974 while studying with Lama Chime in London. His Holiness the Sixteenth Karmapa came to Scotland at that time, and Ani Pema received her ordination from him.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Pema Chodron is an American Buddhist nun, teacher and author of many books and audio recordings. Having been trained in the Tibetan lineage by her main teacher Chogyam Trungpa, she is now studying with Dzigar Kongtrul who introduced her to the teachings on "Shenpa" that form the foundation of "Getting Unstuck".
Pema confesses that this new teaching based on the Tibetan concept of Shenpa, has been critical in her own practice. So what does shenpa stand for? - Essentially, it relates to urges, cravings and other undesirable habitual reactive patterns that cause us suffering. "An urge comes up, we succumb to it, and it becomes stronger," she teaches, "We reinforce our cravings, habits, and addictions by giving in to them repeatedly." Pema Chodron sheds light on that "sticky feeling" (triggered by a shenpa) that comes about as the urge arises in us and we get 'hooked'. She guides us through uncovering our negative habitual patterns and working with them compassionately and intelligently.Read more ›
If you struggle with meditation or with feeling stuck, get her CD's they are very much worth the price and it will uplift you in so many ways.
I highly recommand them.
This recording in particular is dear to me, as the first time I listened to it, I felt she had summed up my lived experience in the first ten minutes. The rest was gravy. :)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Relaxation & Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > Inspiration
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Books on CD
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Worship & Devotion > Meditations
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Stress Management
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Self-Help
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Inspirational
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Music > New Age > Meditation