biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 24, 2013
A friend recommended this book to me as I have now reached "my youth of old age (64)". It is more philiposhical than practical, but definitely offers some insights and understandings of the aging process. What it does, is give more hope for the future to an aging population. There is life after 60!!! The author does include lots of aging stats, and offsets the current "burdens" of getting older with the "blessings" of maturing, inspirational suggestions, ideas of future possibilities. Although the book does look at individual spirituality, it does not focus entirely on our Christian God, but does impress the importance of believing in a greater power, whomever or whatever that might be.
on January 20, 2013
A great message to hear in your retirement or before, Joan Chittister beautifully reflects on the "Harvest Years" giving them value. Inspiring, encouraging and thoughtful.
This book reflects the quality I have come to expect from any of Joan Chittister's work. Thoughtful, gentle, sensible, easy to understand, deeply spiritual.
on November 17, 2014
This is the best book I have ever read about seniors. Ms Chittister's understanding of the "Later Years" is truly enlightening, a Gift indeed!. I recommend this book without reservation.
on October 19, 2013
As we are an aging society, this is a must read for all dealing with complexities of our senior citizens.
on June 22, 2015
A profound lesson on how to be thankful for and how to embrace our advancing years.
on September 3, 2015
a wonderful positive message, very well written
on September 29, 2014
A guide! A book to read and re-read
on September 9, 2011
The book was referred to me by one of our membes of our Sunday School class. He proposed it for our next sudy. I have read the book and have ordered the books for our class. It sounds like it is exactly what we need to study next in our class.
on August 1, 2015