Gila Window Films LES361 Heat Control Residential Window Film, Platinum, 36-Inch by 15-Feet
|List Price:||CDN$ 45.91|
|Price:||CDN$ 33.56 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 12.35 (27%)|
- Cuts cooling costs up to 50 Percent
- Low E coating to help retain winter heat
- Rejects up to 99 Percent of UV
- Rejects up to 67 Percent glare
- Reduces fading of interior furnishings
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Windows eat up energy. Gila Window Films (aka window tints) can help reduce energy loss and lower cooling costs by up to 50 percent. In addition to providing energy savings, window films and tints block annoying glare and reject UV to reduce fading and help protect interior furnishings. EZ Mount adhesive technology allows for easy window film installation and long lasting performance. Or for an easy on/easy off solution, try our Peel and Cling static cling application. Either way, you enjoy the savings year after year.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- Watch the instruction video on the company's web site before you begin
- Use a hand held or garment steamer with a plastic scrapper to get rid of stubborn dirt or decorations on the window
- If you are doing more than 1 window, first do the window which is less prominent. This way you will learn from your mistakes on the first window
- Make your own spray solution using baby shampoo (1/2 cap) and water (1 litre) as shown on the company's website. You can get baby shampoo, squeegee, and plastic scrapper from a dollar store.
- Get someone to help you take the backing off the film and to get it to the window by the corners.
- Room is a lot cooler even on a hot sunny day
- Goes on very well if the window is cleaned perfectly
- Window looks like it was tinted at the factory
- You will need to make sure the windows are perfectly clean with no specks of dust or dirt
- Film is delicate and can get scratched easily with any sharp object
- Need 2 people to get the backing off the film and to get it to the window.
Would recommend picking up a few other things to make the install process easier:
A razor blade paint scraper ( for getting your windows super clean before installing), an Exacto knife( for tight corners), a squeegee (to help smooth on the film) and some scotch tape (to help peel off the backing from the film).
Also, having someone to help you is a huge bonus and the film can be difficult to handle in tight spots and up ladders by yourself.
Great product! Helped cool my west facing top floor condo with skylights. My place would get up to 30+ celsius by later afternoon and now with the film it stays around 22-24 celsius.
If you are looking for a professional look, call a professionnal.
Install is easy enough with one person on regular sized windows, although two person would be nice to help peel the film. Videos on manufacturer's website provide good instruction, better than the instruction manual in fact. I did not buy the installation kit, instead I supplied my own tools and mixed the solution.
The film is very clear and bubble free if you follow the instructions. Things do appear darker through the film, but not enough to cause you unable to see through during dawn and dusk.
Very happy with it, though how durable it is or how it works in winter remains to be seen
Most recent customer reviews
First time I tried to install window tinting...Product stuck more to itself when taking off the clear backing,that resulted in a lot of creases in the film.. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Ian G. Mcgillivray
Don't think this stuff!!! it's so shinny! and not what we wanted. what happened to the old thick plastic we used to put straight on our windowsPublished 27 days ago by Hayley
I've had another brand and it seems to be better protecting from cold during winter. It was also easier to install.
I guess this one is more for the heat protection. Read more
they don;t tell you need some special solution to apply the film - of course that doesn't come with it - that would be logicalPublished 5 months ago by dmc888
Installation instructions are very good and clear and following them made the installation easy and perfect. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Joseph D'Souza
Very easy to use and effective, we re order twice to do more windows facing westPublished 6 months ago by conliu