Rihanna's Sophomore CD, A Girl Like Me, proves her as more of a talented Artist than we thought she was with her first CD, Music of the Sun. On this new set Rihanna showcases more mellow vocals, reminiscent of her Idol Beyonce Knowles, but miles away from her vocally, but still very impressive, Overal this album gets a 9/10 from me, so heres a review of all the songs.
1. SOS (10/10)- First single from the abum, nice pop beat and flavor to it. This song is doing very god on the charts, one of the outstanding songs on the album.
2. Kisses Don't Lie (7/10)- This song has great vocals, but the Rock type feel just doesnt grab my attention, like the other ones, so this is not a favorite of mine.
3. Unfaithful (8.5/10)- Her 2nd single written by Ne-Yo, has a nice pop ballad feel to it. Not Outstanding, but it does have great lyrics and delivers a good vocal performance, not my favorite on the album though.
4. We Ride (10/10)- THIS IS IT!!!!!1 ONE OF THE BEST SONGS ON THE ALBUM...COMPLETELY OUTSTANDING!!!!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A BRIAN MICHAEL COX PRODUCTION, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HER NEXT SINGLE, IT HAS A STRAIGHT RADIO FRIENDLY R&B/POP MIXTURE. DEFINITELY ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
5. Dem Haters (9/10)- I like this song alot! it has a great reggae beat to it, and she delivers good lyrics in it about her haters and people who said she wasnt gon make it.
6. Final Goodbye (8/10)- Nice mellow ballad...very deep lyrics, didnt grab my attention at first, but as I begin to listen, it grew on me.
7. Break It Off (9/10)- Nice reggae club song, could be a great dance track for those who like to reggae dance.....Rihanna's vocals on here are sooooooo good also. I love this girls voice for some reason
8. Crazy Thing Called Love (6/10)- I dont really like this song. Its nice to listen to cause of the vocals, but it seem like it has the same beat as "Dem Haters", but slowed down a little bit.
9. Selfish Girl (5/10)- I like Reggae and all, but this has another one of those same beats like "Dem Haters" and "Crazy thing called Love", she could have switched up the beats..this has to be my least favorite song..never the less still good vocals though, the reggae beat im just not feeling.
10. P.S. (Im still not over you) (100/10)- THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!!!!! MY FAVORITE OF THEM ALL! GREAT LYRICS! VERY CATCHY! THIS SHOULD DEFINITELY BE A SINGLE! IT IS GREAT PURE R&B! I LOVEEEEEEEE THIS SONG! VERY EMOTIONAL IF U LISTEN CLOSELY TO THE LYRICS.
11. A Girl Like Me (9/10)- This is a cool nice laid back song, i can listen to this alot. nothin much to say about it, cause of the title, and im a guy, but never the less a cool mellow r&B song with great lyrics.
12. Million Miles Away (6/10)- Another one of my least favorites from the album, it sounds too much like "Now I Know" from her last album, and thats what makes it not catch my attention, seems like it outta be a remix to that song or somethin.
Overall This CD Gets a:
95- For Vocals
80- For Beats
90- For Production and Arrangement
This CD Provides Alot of Different Genre Flavor, Its a mixture between Pop/Rock/R&B, with mostly R&B, ill say give it a try....you wont be dissapointed at ALL!