- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Global UX: Design and Research in a Connected World Paperback – Nov 9 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"If you work in a global team (or wish you did) -- or if your product or service goes outside your country (or you wish it did) -- you need this book. Hear the voices of 65 user experience practitioners who live and work globally. Whitney Quesenbery and Dan Szuc have taken these stories and wrapped them into fascinating and compelling insights about global work today." -- Janice (Ginny) Redish, author of Letting Go of the Words -- Writing Web Content that Works
"Your guidebook to becoming a design hero by applying the distilled wisdom from successful global UX teams: Gain strength from diversity, collaborate at a global scale, learn the local culture and then create value." -- Ben Shneiderman, University of Maryland
"In these pages the reader quickly gains an understanding of the intricacies, importance and excitement in global UX. Whitney Quesenbery and Daniel Szuc have delivered a fabulous mix of experienced global voices that we all can take on the challenging and rewarding journey of (literally) making the world a little easier, a little safer, and little more fun." -- Robert M. Schumacher, Ph.D., Managing Director, User Centric, Inc.
"For designers and software architects, this volume on user interface design provides a discussion of practical and theoretical concerns surrounding the development of user experiences in computer software. Not designed to provide coding specifics, and language and platform agnostic, the work looks at key features of interface design from the generalized perspective of software design, development, and production. Topics discussed include culture and user interface design, strategies for global companies and products, field research, and planning for globalization."--Reference and Research Book News, Inc.
From the Back Cover
As the world becomes more and more connected, the ways in which we work change. Global travel is commonplace, and working within an international and cross-cultural team is becoming the norm. Challenges in policies, practices and collaboration arise in designing usable products with a global team or for a global audience.
With Global UX, industry leaders Whitney Quesenbery and Daniel Szuc offer real world stories of successful UX practices, organized by the authors around specific project objectives, as examples of different ways of working globally. Throughout the book, they provide best practices and lessons learned to help answer common questions and avoid common problems in a multitude of situations.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
But Whitney and Dan are right to focus on wider themes. I enjoyed the book because it felt like I was reading myself into a community. International and cross-cultural research and design is important not just for business, but also for our emerging global society. And this means that people undertaking this work have to prepare themselves to watch, listen and think in new ways, and to take real care in analysing what they've found in order to make good design decisions. If that challenge is part of your work then this book will draw you right into the skills, outlook and attitudes you'll need to develop to be successful in this field.
In a time of short attention and result-oriented solutions, it might take another few years for people to experience the true taste of this book. So, keep it in a nice and cool condition!
This book is essential reading for the UX professional and I gladly recommend it.
Author, BANK 2.0
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Human-Computer Interaction
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Website Architecture & Usability
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science