- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Glory Days: A Play and History of the '46 Stelco Strike Paperback – Apr 1 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Bill Freeman is an award-winning author who has written historical fiction for young adults, film scripts, documentaries, theatrical plays, educational videos, and non-fiction books. He specializes in writing about Canada and the Canadian experience.In the 1960s and '70s Bill lived, worked, and studied in Hamilton. The play Glory Days is part of his exploration of the life of the city and its fascinating history. Bill is perhaps best known as the author of novels for young adults set in Canada in the latter part of the nineteenth century called the Bains Series. He is also well known for his books of popular history. His most recent work, Hamilton: A People's History, surveys the city's often turbulent history. Many of his books have received high critical acclaim and a number of awards. In recent years Bill has worked in the film industry as a writer and historical consultant. He has been on the creative team of many film projects as writer, narrator, and consultant. The projects include a science series for high school students and Mighty Machines II, a made-for-television project for preschool children. Bill Freeman lives on Toronto Island with his partner Paulette.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Drama
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Canadian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Drama
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts