God of War: Ghost of Sparta - PlayStation Portable Standard Edition
- As players explore the ancient world, prepare to navigate through a labyrinth of challenging puzzles interwoven into the story
- Enhanced melee combat system that allows a variety of finishing moves, air-to-air attacks and devastating grappling combos
- Wield new deadly weapons such as the Spear and Shield and magical powers for more lethal attacks
- Bigger and more diverse gameplay than the earlier Chains of Olympus game, featuring larger bosses, double the enemies on-screen
- Stunning visuals that have never been seen before on the PSP system
- Platform: Sony PSP
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: Sony PSP
Amazon.ca Product Description
Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a single-player game that allows players to take on the powerful role of Spartan warrior Kratos. This new adventure picks up after God of War concludes, telling the story of Kratos' ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid himself of the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly chained Blades of Chaos, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.
God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a single player action-adventure game for PlayStation Portable (PSP). The second game in the series to be developed specifically for play on the PSP, Ghost of Sparta is set after the events of the original PlayStation 2 game, revealing the previously unknown struggles and history of Kratos as he challenges the deities of Olympus, eventually taking the status and title of god for himself. The game features bigger bosses and more enemies than the previous PSP release, as well as new combat and weapons systems.
The Story of the Making of a God
Set within the shadowy realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ghost of Sparta allows players to take on the role of the powerful and iconic Spartan warrior Kratos. This new adventure for PSP picks up after the events of the original God of War game for PS2 conclude, telling the story of Kratos' ascension to power as the God of War. Yet this rise is not without its consequences. In his quest to rid himself of the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly chained Blade weapons, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.
As with all God of War games, Ghost of Sparta is a single player action-adventure game played from the third-person perspective that blends addictive hack and slash and puzzle play gameplay mechanics. Playing as the iconic, rage-driven Spartan warrior, Kratos, players face level after level of challenges illustrating the Ghost of Sparta's (Kratos') rise from uber warrior laboring in the service of the gods, to a god himself, following the defeat of Aries in the first game in the series. In the process, the game reveals secrets of Kratos' past only hinted at in previous games in the series. Gameplay, especially during boss battles and puzzle play events, utilizes the familiar God of War style on-screen button prompts to secure victory and advancement, with successful battles and puzzle challenges framed by stunning in-game cutscenes. The game features a more diverse cast of enemies, as well as bigger, badder bosses to tackle. In addition, along with Kratos' signature chain blade weaponry, Ghost of Sparta also features the ability for Kratos to utilize new weapons. These include: a spear and shield combo, which opens up the ability to combine new offensive and defensive tactics; and the Eye of Atlantis, a electrically charged handheld weapon that allows Kratos to shock enemies from afar and from different positions.
Key Game Features
- New Combat and Weapon System - Enhanced melee combat features more in your face action with 'Combat Rush,' which enables Kratos to pummel enemies to the ground as well as throw them, an augmented death system featuring unique weapon and magic specific deaths, as well as a larger variety of combination, finishing and air-to-air combat moves. Players will also have new weapons to wield such as the Spear and Shield with its fully fleshed out combat tree along with new magical powers for more lethal attacks.
- Bigger Bosses, More Enemies - Ghost of Sparta boasts bigger and more diverse gameplay than Chains of Olympus. This results in exponentially larger bosses, double the enemies on-screen with more diverse behaviors, and new navigation types all of which add to a more engaging and immersive gameplay experience.
- Stunning Visuals - Engine enhancements provide stunning graphics and dramatic camera angles that are coupled with weather effects, depth of field, and higher quality environments to offer visuals that have never been seen before on the PSP system.
- Epic Story - Keeping true to the God of War franchise, Ghost of Sparta provides compelling new adventure for Kratos, one that will go deeper into his past that ever before and answer long-awaited questions about the Spartan warrior.
- Puzzle Solving - As players explore the ancient world, prepare to navigate through a labyrinth of challenging puzzles interwoven into the story.
Addictive hack & slash combat.
New weapons & environments.
Challenging puzzle play.
Over-the-top boss battles.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Ghost Of Sparta takes place between the events of God Of War and God Of War 2. Beginning with Kratos lounging on his throne, bearing the perpetual frown the character is known for. Plagued by new visions of a dying woman, Kratos sets out to Atlantis to stop it from coming true - why he wants to do this, isn't really made clear. It's only later revealed this is Kratos's mother he saw in his vision, and from there he sets out on a quest to find his brother, Deimos, and free him from the clutches of Thanatos, The God Of Death.
-------GRAPHICS & AUDIO-------
Ghost of Sparta is possibly the best looking game on the PSP. Featuring massive backdrops with clouds; rain, fires, blizzards, the game really pushes the PSP to it's limits and manages to be playable. Kratos gets blood spilled on him much like in God Of War III, lending detail to the rich world the game is taking place in, and while I found that Kratos's trek through the world didn't make much sense (the locales he visits don't seem like they'd be separated by a simple mountain), each of the environments was jaw-dropping gorgeous on the PSP: something that surprised me, being used to ugly games or games that make no attempt to take advantage of the handhelds power. It was even more surprising that the game managed to deliver visuals that would put most PS2 games to shame and still deliver stable frame rates.
As for audio, it's very God Of War. Full orchestral accompaniment. Unfortunately, they recycled music from previous games and use them for...well, basic combat.Read more ›