Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Good Girl Gone Bad
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Umbrella feat. JAY-Z|
|2. Push Up On Me|
|3. Don't Stop The Music|
|4. Breakin' Dishes|
|5. Shut Up and Drive|
|6. Hate That I Love You feat. Ne-Yo|
|7. Say It|
|8. Sell Me Candy|
|9. Lemme Get That|
|11. Question Existing|
|12. Good Girl Gone Bad|
3rd Studio Album Featuring The Smash Hit Single 'Umbrella' Rihanna's debut album 'Music of the Sun' has sold 1.2 million albums worldwide. Her follow-up album, A Girl Like Me has sold 2.7 million albums worldwide Winner of 4 Billboard Music Awards! Female Artist of the Year, Female Hot 100 Artist of the Year, Female Pop 100 Artist of the Year, and Hot Dance Airplay Song of the Year for ';S.O.S'. Back-to-back #1 Hot 100 and Hot Dance anthems of 2006, 'S.O.S.', 'Unfaithful'and' We Ride'. America's Teen Choice Awards' Breakthrough Female Artist and R&B Artist of the year. New Face of Cover Girl for the next 3 years! Rihanna created Believe, a public charity organization dedicated to assisting terminally ill children worldwide to assist and inspire children who suffer from life-threatening diseases including cancer, leukemia and AIDS.
There's a cool new development in summer singles: they no longer need to be sunny. In fact, the wetter the better. "Umbrella," the first single off Rihanna's ragingly good third album, may be her strongest ditty yet, and that's saying something considering her run of past summer chartbusters. More stylish than "S.O.S." (from A Girl Like Me) and more interesting than "Pon de Replay" (from Music of the Sun), "Umbrella" barrels forward with big, brawny drums and a hot but haunted-sounding vocal. From there, the upbeat numbers chug forth like chilled pina colada mix into a blender: "Breakin' Dishes" trades skillfully on a recent vogue for man-directed venom, and "Shut Up and Drive" borrows "S.O.S."-style from the '80s New Order song "Blue Monday." Both are irresistible. So, too, are a couple of late tracks. "Rehab" and "Lemme Get That," both produced by Timbaland, prove that being an island girl is no barrier to holding one's own amid a sizzling stew of urban beats. In fact, it's a boon--one that'll register with pop music fans instantly. -Tammy La Gorce
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Mega single "Umbrella" already has people walking down the road singing "ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh" which sounds weird unless you can do a Bajan accent, but you just can't help singing it anyway.
The dance tracks alone are worth the price of the album, with songs like "Don't Stop the Music", where Michael Jackson blends with a Madonna type beat. (Can you say "Mamasay mamasa mamakusa"?) Other tracks to note are the revenge themed "Breaking Dishes", and the alt rock/electronic track and second single "Shut Up and Drive" co-written by the guys from New Order.
For mid tempo fans, there are the Timbaland tracks "Sell Me Candy" and the reggae/rap "Lemme Get That" plus the title track.
For fans of her slower jams, there's "Hate That I Love You" featuring Ne-Yo who also co-wrote the track, and the single-ready "Rehab", another Timbaland track co-written by and featuring Justin Timberlake.
Combining hip hop, electro-pop, reggae, lover's rock and R&B, Rihanna may just be the hottest export from Barbados in recent times. Highly recommended.
Favorite r&b hits, greatest sensual voice, beautiful album.
A "fan must" in your record collection
I’m not usually a fan of re-releases but because I didn’t own the regular version of this album, I didn’t feel cheated.
My top-5 favorite songs:
1. DISTURBIA – I love the funky beat of this and the thriller-movie-esque lyrics. This was one of the three new songs added to this addition and her 4th #1 hit.
2. DON’T STOP THE MUSIC – I didn’t realize Stargate even did dance tracks until I heard this, and I was impressed. This opened the door for a lot of the other dance tracks they produced for her as well as other artists.
3. UMBRELLA (feat. Jay-Z) – This was huge phenomenon when it first came out and I can see why. This song was always great. I love the chorus.
4. TAKE A BOW – The first single added to this re-release and her 3rd #1 hit. It’s reminiscent of Beyonce’s “Irreplaceable” with its subject matter and the Stargate production. This is Rihanna’s best ballad in my opinion.
5. BREAKIN’ DISHES – This isat the top of my list of songs that should have been singles. I heard this actually was supposed to be the last single after “Rehab”, but was cancelled due to the Chris Brown incident. Either way, this is such a great song, and I love her attitude on it.
Other good songs: REHAB, SELL ME CANDY and SAY IT.
1. Umbrella (Featuring Jay-Z) - This one grew on me. At first I thought it was silly but now I sing along to it. The tune fits her voice. I love the beat and the catchy chorus. It's a hit.
2. Push Up On Me - This one is a purely dance track and is good for working out.
3. Don't Stop The Music - This one is also a purely dance track and is good for working out. It's like CNC Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) track from 1990 mixed with a Michael Jackson sample.
4. Breakin Dishes - This is my jam. I love the rage and aggression. This one is more rock than the previous 2 and I love the beat. In this song she is talking about how she is going to fight her maybe cheating boyfriend and break dishes and burn his clothes - really crazy behaviour. This is a really cool track and great for the gym as well.
5.Shut Up and Drive - This one is very rock. Another great jam to listen to while running on the treadmill. This one grew on me too.
6.Hate That I Love You (Featuring Ne-Yo) - I love this duet. This is a typical Ne-Yo sounding song in terms of the beat. This is one of the only R&B tracks on the album. It's sweet.
7.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
In my personal opinion, I found that this was the last great album by Rihanna. Nowadays her songs consist of repetetive melodies that are questionably written by a five year old. Read morePublished on Feb. 26 2012 by Clara
This is an amazing album. With all of her hits and with all of the other songs (which could all be future hits) this is amazing. Read morePublished on Aug. 6 2008 by Rihanna Fan
Well I loved Rihanna's song "Umbrella" and "shut up and drive" so I bought this CD. It was kind of a disappointment. I feel like those were the only good songs.Published on Aug. 24 2007 by Momus