- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Google Sites and Chrome For Dummies Paperback – Feb 9 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Boost your bottom line with your $25 Google AdWords credit — see inside
When you hear "Google", do you think "search"? Most people do. But Google is much more, and you won't have to search far to get the scoop. This book shows you how to create great collaborative Web sites with Google Sites and surf the Web with the super-fast Google Chrome browser. You can even boost your business with Google AdWords — look inside for more!
Simple and free — take advantage of free hosting, free tools, and a simple, straightforward interface with Google Sites
Wonderful wikis — create wiki sites that let coworkers collaborate on projects and keep family members up to date
A gaggle of gadgets — use Google gadgets to keep track of projects, manage calendars and documents, or display photos
Take a shine to Chrome — create a highly efficient, personalized browser using tabs and shortcuts
Sample a scheme — explore sample schemes for a personal site, business intranet, or college course site
Tinker — install browser plug-ins, enable offline access to Google Docs, and manage misbehaving tabs
Applicable applications — integrate documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and other Google Apps into your site
Open the book and find:
Where Google Sites beats other team site packages
How to create a Google account or Google Apps account
Advice on setting up sites that work
Tips for managing collaborators
Chrome's better way of fixing unruly tabs
Steps to take when designing a scheme
Why you should consider Gmail
About the Author
Ryan Teeter was an external trainer for Google, where he developed a comprehensive training program for corporate customers and Google Apps users.
Karl Barksdale has written more than 50 business and technology books, and has consulted for both Microsoft and Google.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
On the other hand, for those who fear the computer, don't like hunting for sometimes elusive information on sites like Google or just prefer a well organized and comprehensive approach to product training, this book is excellent.
The products and services covered are Google Sites, Chrome browser, Google Apps (including Google Docs (Word Processing, Presentations, Spreadsheets, Calendar, Gmail, Contacts, Video Chat and Talk).
That's a lot of territory - and the authors do a fine job of covering it.
Overall, for those who need a book like this, it is excellent. For those with substantial computer use experience, you're just as well off with the Google help pages.
Incidentally, my experience shows the drawback of on-line book buying, If I had seen this in a bookstore, I would have riffed through the pages and known immediately that the book was useless for me.
Book is useless.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Online Searching
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Web Browsers
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Software Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Software Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Business > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Design & Development > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Design & Development > Software Development
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > Textbooks