- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Google SketchUp 7 For Dummies Paperback – Mar 9 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"full of tips and techniques" (British Woodworking, October 2007) --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
SketchUp brings 3D to everybody! Find out how, and start creating 3D models today
Maybe you need to build 3D models for work, or maybe you've just always wanted to explore 3D modeling. Well, Google SketchUp was made for you, and here's what you need to get up to speed right away. Learn to make buildings and other objects, print your models, export them to other programs (including Google Earth), create 3D animations, and more!
Hit the ground running set up SketchUp, learn about edges and faces, use inferences and guides, and build your first model
Develop a workflow set up basic end-to-end workflow for creating and sharing models with your friends, clients, and co-workers
Beyond buildings model non-boxy objects like terrain, simple characters, and household objects like furniture
Take a different view spruce up your models with styles and shadows to add effects, make objects pop, and enhance realism
Create presentation documents use LayOut in SketchUp Pro to add text, callouts, and images; draw with vector tools; and print models to scale
Open the book and find:
What SketchUp can and can't do
How to add style to your model
Tips for building different types of roofs
How to add stairs, furniture, and landscaping
Effects that add realism to your models
How to build models for Google Earth
Ways to solve common SketchUp problems
Ten plugins, extensions, and resources to consider
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book is well written and easy to follow. It is set up based on a training theory I like, trial and error. The base example is a house sketch with vague dimensions. As you begin to follow the instructions, you make mistakes. You quickly learn how to erase your mistakes and re-start. After a bit, I began to have something worth saving. Once saved, it became a means of re-starting after "big" mistakes.
It is truly a learn-by-doing tool.
I haven't used the book for the more complex features of the program.
I got what I wanted and the price of the book was a small price to pay for the lesson.
I used to use MacDraw years ago on a Mac. This is the best casual drawing tool I've seen since then.
This book is $14.99 with free Amazon Prime shipping!
There are 54 Utube video tutorials by the author with another three dozen on the way which are free supplements to the book!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > 3D Graphics
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > CAD
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Arts & Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > CAD
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Drafting & Presentation > CAD
- Books > Textbooks