Gothic II Gold Edition (Gothic II and Night of the Raven Expansion)
|Tax Central 2015|
Prepare yourself for this Tax Season. Visit Tax Central, your shop for all things tax.
- Platform: Windows 98 / Me / 2000 / XP
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
From the Manufacturer
In the mine valley of Khorinis, the glorious days of the once productive mines in this seaside region are long over. Surrounded by an impenetrable magical barrier, the slaves of Khorinis eke out their miserable existence in this apparently natural prison. Until one brave man managed to burst the bonds of imprisonment....
Gothic II Gold Edition features two full games, which include Gothic II and the expansion pack Gothic II: Night of the Raven.
- A massive, fully 3-D, lush environment to explore
- Gripping storyline continuing from the adventures of the first game, yet able to be played and enjoyed by gamers who have not even seen the original Gothic
- Numerous ways to achieve quests giving huge replay value
- Players gain experience through using weapons and magic, enabling them to become better at combat and spell casting
- Three different character guilds to join each with their own unique allies and enemies within the world and skills to enhance their practice
- Third-person view gives greater control over character movement and awareness of their environment
- Revolutionary action-adventure RPG
- Become a Mercenary, Magician, or Paladin, and explore an intricate storyline with all new challenges
- Over 100 new characters--bringing the total to around 500
- Numerous ways to achieve your goals, through several new quests
- More than 30 new magical artifacts; rings, amulets, and belts and 150 powerful weapons to wield
- 50 breathtaking magic spells to cast
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This RPG is among the best I've played (over 20 years of gaming).
This new release of a 3 year old game is far better than most recent games, the story, the exploration, the character development... even the graphics, all great, all well done.
If you played Gothic II there is almost 30 hours (!) of additional content, including a new land, expanded dialog of well-known characters, new items, new spells, improved visuals... and tougher gameplay to keep it a challenge, certainly worth the price.
The bad... you can't use old saves, you must start a new games, still, so much is new and fresh from the older version, starting over is a joy.
Replay value is very high, so many choices for characters, friends, enemies and career paths that each game will be a challenge and does not get old or typical.
So, for less than 20 bucks you can get about 150 hours (or more) of quality gameplay, a bargain for sure.
My only gripe is this. As someone who never played the Gothic series before, I felt a little out of the loop in regards to the storyline. Discovery is half the fun in these games though, so that's a minor gripe. My major gripe is the lack of documentation that came with my copy of the game. All that came with it was a Quick Start Manual that is all of 16 pages long... and only 8 of those pages contain info helpful to playing the game. Only the most rudamentary interface commands are given. The rest you will have to figure out yourself (fan-sites were helpful to me). Also, the interface itself takes alot of getting used to as it's not very intuitive.
For the money, Gothic 2 is a huge bargain. Many hours of RPG goodness with just a dash of interface frustration. If you're into RPG's, this is a must buy.