- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Grammar Practice Activities Paperback with CD-ROM: A Practical Guide for Teachers Paperback – Apr 27 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'For new teachers, these activities provide a wonderful source of ideas for grammar practive and even the most creative and experienced teachers will find many new activities and stimulating ideas.' ELT Journal --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
This is a fully revised and updated version of a classic title.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The activities can be used at a range of different levels, and cover everything from pair to group work. Some require some preparation, and they sometimes come with pictures and other materials. There are also some variations you can try for some, as well. They cover a wide range of grammatical forms, and that will keep the book useful for a long time. The activities are fairly focused on forms, and that means students will almost be forced to use the ones that you are practicing.
Perhaps the only problem I have found with the book is trying to photo copy some of the photos or pictures without damaging the spine too much. The small cover size means that the spine is pretty stressed when flattened out in a photocopier. If it is a heavily used book, you might want to keep a "master copy" of such materials to prolong the life of the book.
This book is simply a very useful, easy-to-use book. Ur has done a great job of presenting some nice activities that are easy to set-up, and very effective for the students. This is a wonderful little book that should be on any shelf.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages