Great Jobs for Political Science Majors Paperback – Oct 8 2003
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"What can I do with a degree in political science?"
If you've recently graduated with a degree in political science, you may be unsure of how to put that degree to use in the real world. While one of the most popular areas of study today, political science at first glance might not seem to transfer well from classroom to career. With Great Jobs for Political Science Majors, however, you'll find out just how valuable and versatile your degree really is.
Designed to help you put your major to work, this handy guide covers both the basics of a job search as well as detailed profiles of possible careers in your field. From attorney to government official, journalist to policy analyst, you'll explore a variety of job options for political science majors--including some you never knew existed--to determine the best fit for your personal, professional, and practical needs. In this updated edition, you'll find:
- Thorough explanations of job-search basics such as crafting resumes, writing cover letters, and interviewing dos and don'ts
- Revealing self-assessments to help you determine your best professional fit
- Investigative tools to help you uncover those jobs that will make the most of your major
- Networking tips to get your face out in the field and your foot in the door before the résumé is even sent
- True-life tales from practicing professionals who detail what daily life on the job is really like
- Up-to-date statistics on earnings, advancement, and the overall career outlook
With the information and inspiration packed into Great Jobs for Political Science Majors, you'll discover how to explore your professional options, target your ideal career, and use your college major as an asset in landing your dream job.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
One of the first problems that I noticed with this on my Kindle is that it is very slow each time I need to go to the next page. And no the memory is not full nor do I have music files on my Kindle. Compared to the other ebooks that I have this one is slow.
Second, there are at least five pages or locations if you will on the Kindle that the text is small but when you go to the next page the text is back to normal; or whatever setting you have selected as your font size. For example location 76-83; 255-60, 335 are just a few that the text is small but text returns to normal on the next page.
Third the way it has been copied to ebook format needs to be inproved; there are pages where there is a large gap between words; copying from the way it is on the Kindle to here as an example of what I am talking about "Others involve a general understanding of politics....." See there should not be a gap like that.
OK for the material itself; some of it is as another reviewer has stated something that is already known. The resume and cover letter section; although common knowledge per-say; for me it was nice to refresh the memory about writing a resume and cover letter.
Overall if this book is available at a library better of checking it out rather than buying it or simply borrow it from someone that has it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences