Blink-182's Greatest Hits CD falls nothing short of amazing. Blink has been my favorite band since I was in 5th grade and they always will be. First of all, a greatest hits CD does not mean it will be a band's last CD. (Ever hear of Green Day?) I know Blink is on hiatus right now, but I can't imagine the masterminds behind these songs ending the band because of some dumb disagreements. Everyone needs a break and I'm happy Blink is getting theirs. Even if they don't play together again for decades, or ever, I'll always be a huge fan of them. As far as reviewing the songs on this CD I give them all a 5/5. They're all brilliantly written and played and deserve a 5/5, with the exception of Adam's Song, which I give a 6/5. Here's what I think:
1) Carousel- Loved by any true Blink-182 fan, this song is a pure classic. Mark and Tom started writing this the first night they met.
2) M+M's- I love the guitar in this song, and the song overall is smart and easy to fall in love with. This was their first single.
3) Dammit- This is what got the guys noticed. Another classic, this was Blink's first hit and fans still love it. It was also in the movie Can't Hardly Wait.
4) Josie- The ultimate girlfriend song. The video for Josie shows Blink going to high school, Mark's hair is purple, Tom's is platnium blonde, very funny to watch. My favorite line in this song is about the Mexican food from Sombrero just because. I wish I had a guy to bring me food.
5) What's My Age Again?- The lyrics are universally known, whether you like Blink or not. Everyone remembers this song about immaturity, and most of all the video where Blink runs naked through the streets of LA.
6) All The Small Things- This is probably their best known song, one that's still played on the radio every once in awhile. Tom wrote this song about his wife, Jennifer, and the line about roses on the stairs really happened to him.
7)Adam's Song- I love this song. This is my favorite song in the whole world. It's well written and honest, and has a message all at the same time. This is Blink-182 at their best.
8) Man Overboard- This was suppossedly written about ex-drummer
Scott Raynor, though I think Mark recently denied that. Still, when I first heard it I could've sworn the last lines were Hey Raynor, see you around.
9) The Rock Show- This is the song that got me into Blink. I heard it on the radio, I went out & bought TOYPAJ, and I realized what real music sounds like. This song is awesome and always puts me in a good mood.
10) First Date- Fun song and hysterical video.
11) Stay Together For The Kids- At first I found this song boring, but it definetly grew on me. It just took me awhile to realize how much of a sad and emotional song this is. Anyone who's been through a divorce would relate, Tom wrote this about his family breaking apart.
12) Feeling This- A song about both the sweet and animal side to sex. Feeling This explains how easily one can get caught up in a relationship, and the maddness of love itself.
13) I Miss You- Written with The Nightmare Before Christmas in mind, this song was a huge hit. I've never met someone who didn't like this song.
14) Down- Again, it took awhile to grow on me, but I love it. This is one of my favorite songs on the self-titled CD. It really leaves a picture in your head, and you can see the scene Tom and Mark are singing about.
15) Always- This song has a very unique sound and is impossible to get sick of. It's about how a guy wants his realtionship to work out, even though it's failing.
16) Not Now- I think this song is beautiful. It's about a guy who died and is watching his girlfriend with his dead body. He wants to be with his girlfriend and doesn't want to leave her, but knows he has to.
17) Another Girl Another Planet- The only new song on the CD, it's a cover Blink did for Travis' show on MTV, Meet The Barkers. I think they did an awesome job, and hearing a new Blink song is great as well.
Go buy the Greatest Hits CD. Having all their other CDs doesn't matter. This CD has a really cool inside cover, and Dammit and Josie sound like they might've updated the music and not the words. It's worth it, because c'mon, this is Blink-182 we're talking about.