Guide to Canadian English Usage Paperback – Apr 3 2007
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'For lovers of the language and/or the True North, the Guide to Canadian English Usage is a most welcome addition to your collection of interesting, informative lexicons.'--Globe and Mail
'A book to end all arguments, it should also prove invaluable to word-smiths of all stripes.'--Halifax Daily News
'Splendidly comprehensive, beautifully organized, lucidly written, this book seems certain to become not only the standard reference work on its subject but also an important contribution to the ongoing debates about how language is used . . . Buy it and keep it and use it.'--Canadian Literature --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Margery Fee is the former Director of the Strathy Language Unit at Queen's University. She currently teaches Canadian and post-colonial literature at the University of British Columbia. Janice McAlpine is the Unit Director of the Strathy Language Unit at Queen's University. Her research interests include English in Canada and corpus lexicography.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is unfair that the previous reviewer gave the book a rating of 1 because he has some problem with Amazon's service. That is a matter for customer service and is NOT a book review.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Grammar
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics