Guide to Tolkien's World: A Bestiary Paperback – Sep 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Day was born and brought up in Canada.He has published more than twenty books in the fields of poetry, ecology, natural history, fantasy and mythology and a number of award-winning children's books.His writing has also appeared in many magazines and anthologies. His enduring fascination with complex mythologies led him to J.R.R. Tolkien. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
David Day's Guide to Tolkien's World: A Bestiary (also published as A Tolkien Bestiary) is a beautifully written and illustrated bestiary, containing entries on the 129 different races that inhabited Middle-Earth. Fauna and flora, ranging from the Athelas (kingsfoil) plant to the awesome Warg are vividly described, and all of Tolkien's major works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion) are covered. The black and white drawings depict the various races (Elves, Men, Orcs, Istari, Vala, Maia...) and the color plates depict major events from the Creation of the World to the Ringbearers' departure to the West.
A must have for Tolkien fans.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections
- Books > Arts & Photography > Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Catalogues & Directories > Catalogues
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Art
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Reference
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary