Guided Mindfulness Meditation: A Complete Guided Mindfulness Meditation Program from Jon Kabat-Zinn Audio CD – Audiobook, CD
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, is the founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and associate professor of medicine in the Division of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine. His clinic was featured in 1993 in the public television series Healing and the Mind with Bill Moyers. Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of Wherever You Go, There You Are and Full-Catastrophe Living: Using Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness.
This set is an excellent introduction to meditation. The four meditations can be practiced at any level of intensity the listener chooses. Zinn encourages the listener to be flexible to make the meditations restful and relaxing. He has a gentle, quiet style, guiding the listener through each meditation to focus attention and increase mindfulness. He provides clear directions and offers suggestions throughout each aspect of the program. His encouragement and observations will be particularly useful for beginners, and this set of four provides a core of meditations that can be used in various orders and intensities. J.E.M. © AudioFile 2006, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There should be a disclaimer however. The CD's are meant to be used in conjunction with the book "Full Catastrophe Living" by the same author. Without the book, which outlines a plan on how to use the CD's, the CD's would be all but useless.
One fellow comlained about Zin mentioning an itch they might feel. The point isn't the itch, cramp, or random thought, it's about how to deal with those things during the meditation process. You are training your brain to be "in the moment" and aware of your inner dialogue so that you can better handle the situations you find yourself in without reacting blindly.
To be fair, I just listened 2 of the 4 CDs - the body scan and the sitting meditation. I was looking for something else when I bought this collection, that is the reason for the 3 stars. The body scan meditation CD guides you through each part of the body. It is NOT based on muscle relaxation (press and release of muscles with breathing); you are supposed to bring your mind to an specific part of the body and observe and be aware of it. It is a way of focusing your mind.
My problem is that I have not been away to stay awake for more than 10 minutes (the CD is 45 minutes long). I did not buy it to fall asleep but to deal with anxiety, so that CD did not work for me. The sitting meditation has long pauses and silence, I was also looking for a more guided meditation CD.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Relaxation & Meditation
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Reference
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Meditation
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Stress Management
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Rituals & Practice
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation