HP ENVY 4-1050ca Ultrabook
The Ultrabook that's up for anything. Always on, ultra fast!
It's the Ultrabook with Beats Audio, a backlit keyboard and a soft-touch base that makes it easy to grab and go. Plus, smart technology that keeps your email and apps up to date even when asleep--and wakes up fast. Anywhere, anytime.
Thin and light, but it's no lightweight.
As notebooks get thinner, start thinking bigger. Introducing the HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook. Thin and light, it's the only large screen Ultrabook with Beats Audio and a subwoofer. Not to mention super long battery life, a unique soft-touch base, an HD webcam, and innovations like HP CoolSense to keep you comfortable. Plus smart technologies to keep your email and apps up to date when asleep and wake up in seconds. The HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook. Up for anything. Always on.
HP PCs deliver optimal performance through meticulously engineered designs. Each series undergoes at least 140 rigorous tests defined by HP Labs to help ensure they can survive extreme conditions and use over the long haul. And each includes components and software from world-class partners.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Live life in high definition on a 14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768).
- Get the real-time boost needed for optimal gaming and multitasking performance in breathtaking color and clarity. Visibly smart performance with a boost with the 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U Processor.
- Start up in seconds and pick up where you left off thanks to hard drive acceleration (32GB solid-state drive) cache with Intel Smart Response Technology.
- Run faster and store up to 116,000 photos, 105,000 tracks or 210 HD movies with a 500GB hard drive and Intel Smart Response Technology.
- Stay connected to friends, family, and colleagues at wireless hotspots with Wi-Fi 802.11.
- Wirelessly sync and print from up to 30 feet away with Bluetooth.
- Easily connect your notebook to a big-screen TV and enjoy your favorite videos, photos, and online shows in full HD(8) with Intel Wireless Display and an adapter (sold separately).
- Keep going and playing comfortably in dimly lit rooms or on red-eye flights with the full-size backlit keyboard.
At just 0.8 inches thin, the HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook is slim and light enough to take anywhere. A dynamically tapered shape makes it look ready for take off. And, a soft-touch base makes it easy to grip on the go. Protected by sophisticated metal covers and a spun-metal touchpad. It's the notebook that gets you noticed with the power to get it done. In midnight black aluminum with a red soft-touch base.
HP humanizes technology: we are inspired by the way you think, feel, act and interact.
- HP CoolSense: Get automatic air conditioning for your notebook, so you stay comfortable.
- HP Imagepad: Simply touch to scroll, zoom, and rotate images and web pages with pinpoint precision.
Major studios have relied on HP technology when making blockbuster movies, from Disney's Fantasia (1940) to DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011). Delivering outstanding entertainment is in our DNA.
- Beats Audio: Designed to deliver the best sounding, richest audio available on a PC with extra amplification possible through a built-in subwoofer.
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam: Always look your best, even in low light.
- HP Premier Experience: A faster, easier, and more organized Windows, only from HP. Better organized with HP Launch Box: Find key Windows Live and HP Recommended apps grouped together on the task bar and a box to customize with your own. Faster start, shutdown, sleep and wake up times. Simplified Start Menu and notifications area to find what you need more quickly. Plus, fewer notifications and pop-ups to interrupt you!
- HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection: It senses motion and plans ahead, so a single drop won't delete your entire digital life.
- Online security software: Get 60 days of #1 ranking Norton Internet Security free for protection right out of the box.
- Absolute Protection. Absolute Peace of Mind. Help keep your data safe if it ends up in the wrong hands. Remotely disable your PC and deny data access if your notebook is lost or stolen. Then easily restore the data if your notebook is recovered with Absolute Data Protect combined with Intel Anti-Theft Technology. Free 90-day subscription included.
Help save more than the earth.
Save time and money, too. Now recycling your HP and Compaq products is more convenient than ever-and totally free! Get your recycling voucher at www.hp.com/us/go/recycling, then drop products off at a FedEx Office (more than 1,700 US locations) for packing and shipping. Or, get cash back, a gift card or options to donate computer hardware (any brand) with residual value, plus the option to recycle it. Responsible recycling has never been easier!
Award-winning service and support come standard.
HP stands apart as the only PC vendor to have received the Excellence in Service Operations certification and STAR awards from TSIA, the industry's leading association for technology services. Contact us any time and way you want.
- From your desktop: Click the HP Support Assistant icon for quick access to automated maintenance, preinstalled content, diagnostic tools and multiple assistance options. (Free, in and out of Warranty)
- Through the internet: Visit our Consumer Support Forum, available 24/7 in English at www.hp.com/support/consumer-forum or French at http://www.hp.com/fr/assistance/forum. (Free, both in and out of Warranty). In Canada, go to www.hp.ca/totalcare. (e-mail and chat, free in Warranty)
- By telephone: In Canada, call HP at 1.800.HP.INVENT (1.800.474.6836). (Free in Warranty)
To continue access to chat, email and telephone support, you can extend your standard warranty with an HP CarePack service. Visit www.hp.com/go/totalcare for your choice of plans.
|Operating System:||Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |
|Processor:||3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U Processor 1.70GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.60GHz |
|Memory:|| 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM); maximum supported = 16GB |
|Video Graphics:||Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1696MB total graphics memory; hard drive acceleration cache (32GB solid-state drive cache) with Intel Smart Response Technology |
|Hard Drive:|| 500GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection |
|Finish and Features |
|Finish:||Brushed aluminum in midnight black with a red soft-touch base |
|Webcam:||HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone |
|Display:||14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768) |
|Dimensions:||13.38" (L) x 9.28" (W) x 0.78" (max H) |
|Weight:||3.86 pounds |
|External Notebook Ports |
|Audio:||1 headphone; 1 microphone in |
|USB:||2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0; 1 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 |
|Ethernet:||1 RJ-45 (LAN) |
What's in the Box
HP ENVY 4-1050ca Ultrabook, 65W AC adapter, 4-Cell 52WHr lithium-ion polymer battery, software, documentation