HTML, XHTML and CSS For Dummies Paperback – May 27 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Packed with useful tips, techniques, and code examples
Build quality Web pages with XHTML and add some pizzazz with CSS
You don't have to be a master programmer to build great Web pages! This book shows you what HTML is about and how to use XHTML to format great-looking pages. Then you'll see how CSS helps you manipulate colors, fonts, and more. You can even add scripting languages and build interactive pages — here's how!
Discover how to:
Plan your Web site to prevent problems
Use the proper syntax for HTML and XHTML
Build a company Web site
Upload and publish Web pages
Integrate scripts with XHTML
Test and debug your Web pages
About the Author
Ed Tittel is a full-time independent writer, trainer, and consultant who works out of his home near beautiful Austin, Texas. Ed has been writing for the trade press since 1986 and has worked on more than 140 books. In addition to this title, Ed has worked on more than 35 books for Wiley, including Windows Server 2008 For Dummies, XML For Dummies, and Networking with NetWare For Dummies.
Ed is a Contributing Editor at Tomshardware.com, writes for half-a-dozen different TechTarget.com Web sites, including WhatIs.com, SearchNetworking. com, and SearchWindows.com, and also writes occasionally for other Web sites and magazines. When he’s not busy doing all that work stuff, Ed likes to travel, shoot pool, spend time with his family (especially taking walks with young Gregory), and turn the tables on his Mom, who now makes her home with the rest of the Texas Tittels.
Jeff Noble runs a small Web design and multimedia company called Conquest Media (www.conquestmedia.com) in Austin, Texas. Jeff has been working on, in, and around the Web for nearly 10 years, and he specializes in designing and creating unique, easy to use, functional Web sites. When he’s away from his computer, Jeff is often far from the madding crowd, choosing instead to hike and camp in wild places as far away from a wall socket as he can get.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
So when I heard of the latest edition "HTML, XHTML and CSS for Dummies" with Mr. Tittel in collaboration with Jeff Noble I obtained a copy. This book has everything the earlier book had, but more. Expanded, naturally, and with more emphasis on CSS and other relevant advances it's a wonderful book. I cannot recommend this work highly enough. It even packs along a dedicated website! If you're a beginner and want to build a website and want a good grasp of HTML, grab this book. And you'll be glad you did.
Now I may or may not be an actual 'dummy', but I can say that this was the first book I've read that really helped me. I searched the book stores (sorry Amazon) looking for a book that could help me re-start a website, and all I could find was a bunch of over technical and complicated volumes that were hard for me to understand. This book was a good introduction book that I found very easy to read without being bogged down with too much technical jargon. The examples were basic but easy to understand and I was able to apply what I learned to help me get my broken-down web site actually working. I was about to give up my hopes of having a 'working' web site, and resign myself to living with the 'technical-dinosaurs'. Fortunately, this book turned all that around for me. Thank you Mr. Tittel and Mr Noble. I will be sending you guys a link to my site soon, so you can see what your book has made possible.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Word Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Word Processors & Editors
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > CSS
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > XHTML
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Home & Office > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Home & Office > Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > Word Processors & Editors > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > Scripting & Programming
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages