Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles Spiral-bound – Nov 1 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As an added bonus, the book comes with 3 beautiful scrunchies, and is spiral-bound so you can lay it flat while doing the styles in this book. The instructions are so detailed that complicated styles like the herringbone, french braids, and the french rope feature seperate pages showing you even how to position your hands while doing the style!
This book is the perfect guide for anyone who enjoys trying out new styles on their hair, even if they're not hairstyling experts. Highly recommended! (For a book with styles for younger children, I would recommend reading "Braids and Bows", also written by Anne Akers Johnson)
There is a cardboard protrusion on the bottom of this book to which the box of accessories is adhered. This prevents the book from being stood up on a book shelf. You can cut it off with a razor blade and a ruler. Then your book will sit perfectly on your shelf.
One other great thing about this book is the pictures. They've got a whole cross-section of beautiful women of many ages, races, and walks of life. It's a beautiful book to look at.
My only complaints about this book are:
* there are a limited number of styles (about 15-20). I've pretty muched finished learning from this book. But, what can you expect -- it is a beginning book, and it does teach some very beautiful, complicated-looking braids.
* although braiding is explained very thoroughly, there's no real tutoring on how to pin hair. Often the book ends a style by telling you to "secure it with a few pins". I don't know why this has been so hard for me to learn, but it has been! I can do an inside-out french braid with aplumb, but your basic bun still has me somewhat stumped. I would have appreciated some advice on how to pin hair to stay up.
Overall this book is a good foundation for learning how to manipulate hair. I'm looking forward to learning more complex styles in the future -- SalonOvations' Braids and Updos Made Easy looks (from the customer reviews) like a good next step.
Most recent customer reviews
Until this book, I pretty well figured that either I was hopeless at braiding, or that maybe my hair was just fussy, or both. Read morePublished on April 6 2004 by Jennifer L Olomon
I enjoyed learning to do the styles in this book, and the simple, straightforward instructions help anyone trying to learn a new style. Read morePublished on March 29 2003 by Lily
Nice book!!! I've found this to be a great book for Braids and other pretty hair styles. Each style I've tried came out just like the Beautiful picture and the directions were... Read morePublished on Aug. 19 2002
I gave this book to my daughter's preschool teacher and she loved it. This is my 2nd purchase, to replace the one I gave her. I've been able to do the simpler ones so far. Read morePublished on March 20 2002 by Sandra Carroll
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK ON HAIRSTYLES I have found so far. If you haven't bought one yet go for this one FIRST. I LOVE IT!!Published on Oct. 22 2001 by Amazon Customer
I couldn't braid my hair at all before reading this book. Now , with lots of practice, I can do a nice job of braiding my hair and I can't wait for my hair to grow longer so that I... Read morePublished on Oct. 21 2001 by Alice
Prior to this book I couldn't even make a basic braid turn out nice. Now I'm french braiding my own hair. Read morePublished on Sept. 8 2001
This is the BEST book on hair designs I have ever seen---I love it!!! I recommend it for anyone who wants to be creative with their hair.Published on Aug. 21 2001
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Canada Day Deals > All Deals
- Books > Canada Day Deals > Children's Books
- Books > Canada Day Deals > Home & Garden
- Books > Children's Books > Activities, Crafts & Games > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Health > Personal Hygiene
- Books > Children's Books > Sports & Outdoors
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Teens