Handbook of Liquid Crystals, Low Molecular Weight Liquid Crystals II Hardcover – Mar 24 1998
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Handbook of Liquid Crystals Vol.2B: Low Molecular Weight Liquid Crystals II Edited by D. Demus, J. Goodby, G. W. Gray, H.-W. Spiess, V. Vill The Handbook of Liquid Crystals is a unique compendium of knowledge on all aspects of liquid crystals. In over 2000 pages the Handbook provides detailed information on the basic principles of both low- and high-molecular weight materials, as well as the synthesis, characterization, modification, and applications (such as in computer displays or as structural materials) of all types of liquid crystals. The five editors of the Handbook are internationally renowned experts from both industry and academia and have drawn together over 70 leading figures in the field as authors. Volumes 2A and 2B concentrate on low-molecular weight materials, for example those typically used in display technology. A high quality survey of the literature is provided along with full details of molecular design strategies, phase characterization and control, and applications development. These volumes are therefore by far the most detailed reference sources on these industrially very important materials, ideally suited for professionals in the field.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Crystallography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Crystallography
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Solid-State Physics > Condensed Matter
- Books > Science & Math > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics