- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Handbook of Self-Regulation, Second Edition: Research, Theory, and Applications Hardcover – Oct 19 2010
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"It is difficult to imagine how someone could be a researcher in the field of self-regulation, or a serious student of the topic, without owning a copy of this book. Vohs and Baumeister have assembled an impressive range of contributors. Each chapter presents an authoritative viewpoint from leading researchers in the field, and all of the chapters make enjoyable and useful reading. The second edition is particularly timely because of the recent, rapid upsurge of knowledge about the relationship between brain function and self-regulation. This new knowledge is represented not just in specialized chapters devoted to the topic, but throughout the volume, as almost every contributor brings recent advances in cognitive neuroscience to bear."--David C. Funder, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Psychology, University of California, Riverside
"After reviewing available texts for a doctoral graduate course in cognitive and affective processes, I selected the Vohs and Baumeister text, as I found it to be comprehensive, applied, and current. Students have found that the contributing authors present the material in a manner relevant to everyday life as well as clinical application."--Tim F. Branaman, PhD, Professor of Clinical Psychology, Texas School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Dallas
About the Author
Kathleen D. Vohs, PhD, is Associate Professor of Marketing at the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. She holds a McKnight Presidential Fellowship and has recently been named the Board of Overseers Professor of Marketing. Dr. Vohs has more than 120 professional publications, including six books. Her research is concerned with self-regulation, particularly in regard to impulsive spending and eating, decision making, self-esteem, the fear and feeling of being duped, self-escape behaviors, and the psychology of money.
Roy F. Baumeister, PhD, holds the Eppes Professorship in the Department of Psychology at Florida State University. Dr. Baumeister has written nearly 500 professional publications, including 27 books. His research on self-regulation addresses such topics as aggression, eating, sexuality, emotion, limited resources, addiction, free will, physiology, and task performance.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Personality
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Social Psychology & Interactions
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology