- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Handbook of Spatial Point-Pattern Analysis in Ecology Hardcover – Dec 20 2013
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"I am pleased to be adding Professors Wiegand and Moloney’s Handbook of Spatial Point-Pattern Analysis in Ecology to [my] collection. Their emphasis on common spatial ecological hypotheses of interest and the data types used to address these research questions are a huge benefit when trying to make a complex topic accessible to practitioners. I recommend this text to those interested in detecting spatial patterns within a dataset constructed as a complete census of objects with corresponding spatial coordinates within a defined temporal window and spatial extent. Alternatively, the book would also be useful for a researcher interested in conducting more confirmatory investigations of hypothesized spatial process(es) that result in specific spatial structures (or patterns) of ecological objects."
―Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, February 2015
"Many useful schematic figures help the nonspecialist reader visualize and reduce the complexity of point process statistics. The accompanying text is clear and detailed and thus facilitates the understanding of important statistical facts. … full of good ideas and offers much advice for practical statisticians and ecologists. … The authors have done a great job in marrying the ecological point of view with point process statistics. The book belongs in the realm of quantitative ecology …"
―Biometrical Journal, 2014
"There is enough detail here for understanding, but not so much that the reader gets buried or lost. … The book is designed to be used with Programita, a free software package specifically designed by the authors to carry out these kinds of analyses. It has been used successfully for teaching and research (amongst others by me), and is regularly updated. … For ecologists wrestling with spatial point-patterns and their analysis, I would happily recommend this book. I would also suggest it as an excellent resource for others dealing with point-pattern analysis, too―just substitute other objects for the organisms."
―Journal of Applied Statistics, 2014
About the Author
Umweltforschungszentrum, Leipzig, Germany Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Remote Sensing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Geochemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Geochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Statistics