- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Handbook of Sports and Media Paperback – Apr 17 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The importance of Handbook of Sports and Media cannot be overstated. It forges legitimacy and rigor in the study of media and sport, gives scholars ideas on future potential projects from key contributors, and provides vital information on the evolving relationship between two powerful entities." --International Journal of Sport Communication
About the Author
Arthur A. Raney(Ph.D., University of Alabama, 1998) is an associate professor in the Department of Communication at Florida State University (USA). His research interests include psychological effects of media entertainment content, with an emphasis on the role of cognition in the enjoyment of drama, sports, and other fare. His most recent work contributes to entertainment theory by further investigating the role of moral judgment in the formation of dispositions toward media characters, as well as the role of moral judgment and justice considerations in enjoyment. He is currently co-editing (with Dr. Jennings Bryant) the forthcomingHandbook of Sports and Media(Lawrence Erlbaum Associates), which seeks to better define the parameters of social scientific, historical, and critical investigations into the relationship between sports and media. His additional sports-related writings can be found inSport Communication, Part III: Reception of Sport in the Media(2004),Communication and Emotion: Essays in Honor of Dolf Zillmann(2003), Sport-Goes-Media.de: Zur Medialisierung des Sports(2002),Media Entertainment: The Psychology of its Appeal(2000), andMediaSport(1998).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Mass Media > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences