- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Handbook of Superconductivity Hardcover – Oct 15 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The first handbook in this field, The Handbook of Superconductivity covers both classic superconductivity related topics and the new high temperature superconductivity. Numerous properties including thermal, electrical, magnetic, mechanical, phase diagrams and spectroscopic crystallographic structures are presented for many superconductor types. Critical fields, critical currents, coherence lengths, penetration depths and transition temperatures are tabulated.
* First handbook on Superconductivity
* Coherence lengths and depths are tabulated
* Crystallographic structures of over 100 superconductor types
* Main results of several theories are submitted
* Phase diagrams for synthesizing new
superconductors are included
Dr. Charles Poole is Professor Emeritus of the Physics Department at the University of South Carolina and was appointed a fellow of the International EPR/ESR Society at the Rocky Mountain conference held in Denver in July of 1998. Professor Poole has carried out significant research in ferroelectrics and phase transitions in solids. For twenty years he edited the journal Magnetic Resonance Review and has been on the editorial board of the Bulletin of Magnetic Resonance.
About the Author
Dr. Farach has received international, national, and university awards. He is a member of the Academy of Science of Argentina and a Fellow of the American Society.
My research is in the area of theoretical condensed matter physics, especially the foundations of statistical physics. I have published extensively in the area of critical phenomena and phase transitions, including the text "Introduction to Renormalization Group Methods in Physics" with my co-authors Horacio Farach and Charles Poole. My most recent interests focus on numerical simulation of the mixed state in type-I superconductors, the analytical properties of the partition function, and the origins irreversibility.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
This handbook is concerned with superconductors, materials characterized by certain electrical, magnetic, and other properties, many of which will explained in the third chapter. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Semiconductors
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Superconductivity
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Solid State Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Electromagnetism > Electricity
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Solid-State Physics > Superconductivity
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics