Harald Lander - His Life and Ballets Hardcover – Oct 1 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Erik Aschengreen, born in 1935, has an MA in Danish and French. In 1986 he became the first Danish scholar to receive a doctorate in dance (for his dissertation Jean Cocteau and the Dance). In 1989 he created the first university dance education programme, The Aesthetics and the History of Dance, at the University of Copenhagen. He directed this programme until his retirement in 2000. From 1971-93 Erik Aschengreen was a lecturer in dance history at the Royal Danish Ballet School in Copenhagen. Between 1964 and 2005 he was dance critic at the daily newspaper Berlingske Tidende. He has written and edited a series of books, among others Etudes (1970), The Beautiful Danger (1974), The Poet of the Ballet (1977), Bournonville in Perspective (1980), The Ballet Book (1982, rev. ed. 1992), and The Dance is on: The Royal Danish Ballet 1948-98 (1998). He is the author of numerous articles in international encyclopedias, a correspondent of dance journals and magazines throughout the world, and lecturer at universities in Europe and the US.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Dance > Ballet
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Dance > Classical
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Dance > Ballet
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Dance > Classical