The 1970's gave us plenty of memorable shows and this one was no exception. The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries season one is a welcomed addition to my DVD collection. It brings me back to when television was entertaining and fun to watch. The stories are definitely hokey and dated by today's standards, but as a fan of the show they are still entertaining and fun to watch. The video transfer is pretty decent and the sound comes through clean and crisp on my sound system. The best part of season one is the opening theme music for the show, its still one of my favorite TV themes. With all the reality junk on TV today, season one of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is still good clean fun for the whole family to enjoy. Now you don't have to wait each week to join Joe, Frank, Fenton and Nancy Drew; they're all here in season one. My only complaint with this set was the use of double sided discs by the studio, other than that the set is great! I hope the remaining seasons of this series are on the way so I can complete the series.
Disc #1, Side A -- The Hardy Boys: Season 1 - Episodes 1-4
- The Hardy Boys Pilot: The Mystery of the Haunted House
- The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of Witches' Hollow
- The Hardy Boys: The Disappearing Floor
- The Hardy Boys: The Flickering Torch Mystery
Disc #1, Side B -- The Hardy Boys: Season 1 - Episodes 5-7
- Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Flying Courier
- Hardy Boys: Wipe-Out
- Hardy Boys: The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin
Disc #2, Side A -- Nancy Drew: Season 1 - Episodes 1-4
- Nancy Drew Pilot: The Mystery of Pirate's Cove
- Nancy Drew: The Mystery of the Diamond Triangle
- Nancy Drew: The Secret of the Whispering Walls
- Nancy Drew: A Haunting We Will Go
Disc #2, Side B -- Nancy Drew: Season 1 - Episodes 5-7
- Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Fallen Angels
- Nancy Drew: The Mystery of Ghostwriters' Cruise
- Nancy Drew: Mystery of the Solid Gold Kicker
on December 14, 2014
Exactly as I remembered the show. Good quality DVD - no sound/audio difficulties. But it's definitely a 1970's production -- can be corny at times, but that's what I LOVED about the show. If you're not a fan of the show, or a fan of 1970s/80s TV, it might not be for you. This is intended to be light-hearted, family-oriented programming.
This show is a lot of fun, I would imagine especially so for those who saw it originally or those who enjoyed reading the Hardy Boy/Nancy Drew books but you don't have to be familiar with the books to like this show. The episodes are on 2 double sided discs and are all presented full screen 1.33:1 with English Dolby Digital 2.0 and they all have subtitles in English, French & Spanish. They are also close captioned in English and there are no extras.