From the Back Cover
By the author of Harley Hahn's Internet Yellow Pages...over two million copies in print!
Why Your Privacy, Security, and Safety are at risk and what you can do about it.
You are being watched!
- Do you have at a right to privacy at work? The answer may scare you. See "Why You Are On Your Own" in Chapter 2.
- Would you like to know how to protect your personal information at work? It's easy. Just read "Cleaning Out Your Computer Every Day" in Chapter 4.
- Do you suspect that your spouse may be having an online affair? Don't be fooled. See "8 Signs That Your Spouse is Having an Online Affair" in Chapter 14.
- Don't get fooled. That suspicious message may not be true. Find out by reading "8 Sure-fire Ways to Spot an Email Hoax" in Chapter 8.
- Are you concerned about the government monitoring your Internet activities? You're in for a surprise. See "Is Big Brother Really Watching?" in Chapter 1.
- Why are big companies allowed to trample on your rights to privacy? Find out the real truth by reading "Have the Cowboys Run Amuck?" in Chapter 6.
- Are you concerned about your family being exposed to pornography on the Net? Don't be a victim. See "Net Sex and Pornography" in Chapter 14.
- Is there a sure-fire way to protect your computer from viruses? Yes! All you need to do is follow the instructions in "How to Be Safe: 4 Simple Rules" in Chapter 10.
- Are you thinking about spending money on the Net? Don't spend a dime until you read "6 Ways to Protect Yourself When You Buy Online" in Chapter 13.
- How can you safeguard your email address from advertisers and prevent unwanted email (spam)? It's easier than you think. See "Protecting Your Email Address" in Chapter 8.
- You need to protect your children when they use the Net, but what is the best way to do it? The answer is in "Children and the Net" in Chapter 14.
Real Answers to Important Questions from the Best-Selling Internet Author of All Time.
About the Author
Harley has a degree in mathematics and computer science from the University of Waterloo, Canada, and a graduate degree in computer science from the University of California at San Diego. Before becoming a professional writer and the author of more than two dozen books, Harley studied medicine at the University of Toronto. When Harleyis not writing, he reads a lot, paints, plays the piano and gives advice to anyone who will listen.
Visit Harley at his Web site: www.harley.com