From the Back Cover
The most authoritative, up-to-date reference of business French
From the creator of the most popular dictionaries in the French-speaking world, Harrap’s French and English Business Dictionary is the most comprehensive, easy-to-use reference of everyday business language and is the essential guide for anyone seeking to do business with French-speaking countries.
This fully up-to-date dictionary offers more than 40,000 references, with usage examples throughout. It covers everyday business language, as well as the more technical terms used in specialized business fields, including finance, insurance, computing, marketing, and the stock exchange.
Harrap’s French and English Business Dictionary also includes:
- Examples throughout to show the language in use
- Hundreds of boxed quotes from the business press in French and English
- Tips on working with translators
- Articles on meeting protocol
- Information on nations of the world and administrative divisions
- Explanations of financial statements in French and English
Also featured are extensive French and English guides to fit the needs of various types of business communication, including correspondence, meetings, faxes, emails, and CVs. With the most up-to-date terms and complete coverage of traditional business customs, Harrap’s French and English Business Dictionary is your first step to successful relationships with French businesses.
“More than just a business dictionary, a genuine guide to the whole business world.” —Le Figaro