|1. The Hindu Times|
|2. Force Of Nature|
|3. Hung In A Bad Place|
|4. Stop Crying Your Heart Out|
|6. Little By Little|
|7. A Quick Peep|
|8. (Probably) All In The Mind|
|9. She Is Love|
|10. Born On A Different Cloud|
|11. Better Man|
Heathen Chemistry, although not yet a classic as What's the Story and not (in my opinion) as structured as Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, it still fits in nicely as the latest effort pulled out by the guys. What's to notice about this album is that only Noel and Liam are the only remaining members of the original band. Then again, they are the backbone of the band. It is obvious to any fan that the sound is much different than the first 3 albums though. It can be a good thing in some songs such as the "Hindu Times" which rolls through w/ much energy, and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" which was somewhat of a recent hit and also in the movie "The Butterfly Effect" at the end. Another UK single, "Songbird" which rather short, was written by Liam. It should have been longer b/c it's a great song and very catchy.
Noel sings lead on "Force of Nature", "Little By Little", and "She is Love." Usually the songs he sings end up as B-sides, but can't forget his most famous "Don't Look Back in Anger" plus he did a nice job w/ "Where Did it All Go Wrong." Personally, "She is Love" should definately been scratched on this album. It doesn't really fit in w/ the sound of any other songs. Would have been a nice B-side that Oasis masters more than any other band of all time.Read more ›
Overall the album falls short a fairway compared to their first two, but its good to see that Oasis have made a return to form on this one, and important that they have made a return to form also.
Many songs on this album are good, very good as the Hindu Times shows, which without a doubt is as good as many of their other songsof Whats the Story...... and Definitley Maybe.
Anyway heres a rundown of how good the songs are, and note that alot of these tracks are compared to the songs off their first two albums and The Masterplan(as they should be), which are the best and only good Oasis CDs so far.
1. The Hindu Times - This is Oasis at its best.
2. Force Of Nature - 10/10
3. Hung In A Bad Place - 10/10
4. Stop Crying Your Hear Out - This is a very very good song, and is two steps away from being as good as Wonderwall, but there are'nt enough electric guitars in it, which their should of been and even if their were the song would not of been the same but better, its good but not great compared to "Live Forever" and 'Wonderwall"
5. Songbird - Its listenable, but the lyrics are stupid and it should not of been on the album, its songs like Songbird and She Is Love that let this album down alot.
6. Little By Little - This is really close to being as good as Don't Look Back in Anger, and even though it is'nt, its really brilliant, one of the best songs of the album and one of their best songs too.
7.A Quick Peep - All instrumental, really good.10/10
8. Probably All In The Mind - Its almost there, the guitars could of been alot louder than they are, it could of been a much better song.
9. She Is Love - Listenable but also a stupid song, I don't like it, and I don't see why anyone else should either.
10.Read more ›