- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, and Replication Paperback – Apr 2 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Optimization, Backups, and Replication
About the Author
Baron Schwartz is Chief Performance Architect at Percona. He createstools and techniques to make MySQL easier to use and more dependable,and speaks regularly at conferences worldwide. He lives in Virginia with his family.
Peter managed the High Performance Group within MySQL until 2006, when he founded Percona. Peter has a Master's Degree in Computer Science and is an expert in database kernels, computer hardware, and application scaling. He serves as CEO of Percona, while keeping touch with his technical roots by continuing to do consulting for key customers.
Vadim Tkachenko is the CTO and co-founder of Percona, and an authoron the MySQLPerformanceBlog.com and SSDPerformanceBlog.com blogs. Vadim leads Percona's development group, which produces the Percona Server, Percona XtraDB Cluster, and Percona XtraBackup.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
All over the text, authors propose tools, examples of use and proven diagnostic techniques, that will greatly improve your performance firefighter skills and enhance your knowledge of MySQL internals. Nevertheless, what gives this book the five star is taking into consideration the physical part of database structures in play when speaking about performance, which is something most authors don't include; plus treatment on MySQL high availability and cloud features, which we'll increasingly see on customers.
There is something that kind of bugged me at times and was references to a specific commercial MySQL offering and tools, but after taking a look to that company web-site, found that is a great contributor to the MySQL community and you can actually use the tools!
- optimizing schemas
- optimizing queries
- optimizing the server
Wonderfully written and the kind of reference material that you don't find lots of days nowadays in the computer book market. For anyone that is a MySQL developer or admin, you will be very wise to pick up this great book!!
***** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Data Mining
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Performance Optimization
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Database Storage & Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages