- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
A History and Anthology of the Spanish Folktale, With Studies of Selected Texts Hardcover – Aug 30 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Dr. Huw Lewis has become a new link in the storyteller's chain. He has made it possible for these Spanish folktales to traverse the boundaries of space, time and language. Thanks to his labour of love, they may now be read and appreciated by a new group of readers in the twenty-first century." - Dr. Patricia Odber de Baubeta Department of Hispanic Studies The University of Birmingham "Traditional storytelling in Spain has simply never received the kind of attention among Hispanists... that has been lavished on the closely related genre of the Spanish ballad.... Dr. Huw Lewis makes an intelligent and well-judged initial and well-judged foray into this area, presenting a shrewdly chosen anthology of Spanish traditional tales, diverse in regional origin, subject matter, and narrative styles.... It is a book that will prove useful to folklorists working in other areas, as well as to Hispanists seeking a necessary extension of their competence into this field." - Dr. Nicholas Round Professor of Spanish University of Sheffield"
About the Author
Dr. Huw Aled Lewis is currently Senior Lecturer in Spanish in the School of European Languages and Cultures at the University of Edinburgh. He received his D.Phil. for a thesis on "The Otherworld in Popular Medieval Spanish Literature, with Celtic Analogues" from Jesus College, Oxford.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European > Spanish & Portuguese
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Folklore & Mythology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences