Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Your Baby's First Year Paperback – Apr 15 1993
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
Written by a London-based homeopath who is the author of The Complete Homeopathy Handbook ( LJ 2/1/92) and who specializes in child care, Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Your Baby's First Year reviews in detail homeopathic concepts, techniques, and remedies that can be applied to treatable symptoms and complaints experienced by pregnant mothers and infants. While the book focses on minor conditions that don't require a doctor's attention, such as varicose veins and breastfeeding problems, it is written as a specialized instructional manual that requires the reader either to be familiar with the principles and practice of homeopathy o r willing to devote considerable time to its study. For collections where there is a demand for homeopathic books. Information on pregnancy diagnosis, gestation, prenatal care, nutrition, hazards, and pregnancy complications comprises half of Great Expectations , a concise encyclopedia suitable for a general audience. The remaining half addresses labor, delivery, birth complications, and tests, as well as recovery and postnatal feelings. In its tone, readability, illustration, and organization, this guide compares with Lanie Carter and Lauren Ostrow's The Miracle Year ( LJ 5/1/91). However, readers seeking detailed instructions about infant care and development should consult textbooks by such authors as Penelope Leach, Louise Ames, and William Sears, since this guide provides an overview only.
- Kathryn Hammell Carpenter, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago Lib.
Copyright 1993 Reed Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
Miranda Castro, a practicing homeopath, is a member of the Society of Homeopaths, in England, and the author of The Complete Homeopathy Handbook. She lives in England.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Homeopathy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Infants
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Child Care
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Motherhood
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology